Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wheels To Suit VY Series II Exec - Barbados Blue

kipela

Go the VY!
Reaction score
Website
www.kipela.com
Members Ride
2004 VY Series II Executive
After some opinions and wheel sizes I should be setting my sights too for my VY Series II Exec Barbados Blue.

I doubt I would go anything higher than 18's so 17's or 18's are the area I'm looking to head. Leaning more towards 18's of course.

After checking through some brands and wheels I've seen a few I liked but still unsure. Not too keen on genuine VY SS wheels, but I really do love VZ SS wheels - would they suit? Also been checking into Zenetti Throwbacks and K-Speed Turismos - but there is just too much to choose from :p

Another question too is to go Chrome or Non-Chrome/Shadow Chrome - personally I'm not sure if Chrome would suit my VY but if someone can convince me otherwise...?

Anywho any opinions are appreciated.

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
Ok mate, check out my ride, i've got pics. of both 17" vz ss rims on and 18" vy ss rims on and mine is also barbados blue!
I personally like the vy ss rim better which is why i changed but see what ya reckon!

kipela

Go the VY!
Reaction score
Website
www.kipela.com
Members Ride
2004 VY Series II Executive
Alright cheers mate.

Also another quick question - increasing wheel size = increased reading on the KM's slightly due to the larger wheels? Not sure what to believe as people have told me both. Stocky 15's on her at the moment, would there be much (if any) increase in reading on the clock if I threw some 17's, but more than likely 18's on her?

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
kipela said:
Alright cheers mate.

Also another quick question - increasing wheel size = increased reading on the KM's slightly due to the larger wheels? Not sure what to believe as people have told me both. Stocky 15's on her at the moment, would there be much (if any) increase in reading on the clock if I threw some 17's, but more than likely 18's on her?

Not if the overall diameter of the wheel + tyre is the same as original. If you get 17's or 18's, they'll put a lower profile tyre on them (say 45 or 40 series) so the overall diameter stays the same and won't effect your speedo or odometer.

Ask them at the place you buy your wheels/tyres, but they should already know all about it...

barbs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Monaro CV8
i agree with the lower profile tyre with bigger rim to keep it the same.

but im not sure that its legal to go over 2" over stock wheel size, thats what ive been told, and that could be NSW, but i see plently of VLs with 19s

any help there would be sweet...

casuarina26

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina S1 A4
I have some 17" RJR (Rodney Jane Racing) wheels on my white vy s1 berlina as photo below

Attachments

• photo7.jpg
    photo7.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 1,109

Jeffro74

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wanna bee SS
is that blue one in yr pic barbados blue or delft blue?

race4life

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY ACCLAIM
casuarina26 said:
I have some 17" RJR (Rodney Jane Racing) wheels on my white vy s1 berlina as photo below

i put the same on my vy acclaim yesterday :thumbsup: .

bigpaulyb25

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE ssV wagon
yeah i would love to no exactly what the laws outline is for tyre and wheel size