Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Speedo LED's

Reaction score
Just incase anyone wants to know what the VY SS speedo looks like with super bright white LED's. I decided today to take the speedo out just to see how it comes apart. Once I had it apart I then figured I would rush down to the shop and get some LED's to change it a bit.
As my SS is white, I have been making changes in keeping with the whole "white" theme. I have always liked the LCD on the Nokia 8850, the way it is backlit with white LEDs, so this inspired me to make mine white too. I didn't change all the LEDs as I quite like it when you look into the window of a car at the lights and you can see a few different colours in the car. Might look at changing the ones in the radio (LCD only) to white tho in the future.

IMG_0193.JPG
IMG_0194.JPG
IMG_0195.JPG

aperfectcircle

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ute 04 VYIISS 5.7 M6
I got me new instrument cluster changed as well, but not by me it was Phreddy:thumbsup:

Attachments

• dash.JPG
    dash.JPG
    19.5 KB · Views: 548

SSZ Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6
Phreddy blue dash as well.
Check my avatar

Reaction score
aperfectcircle said:
I got me new instrument cluster changed as well, but not by me it was Phreddy:thumbsup:

Yeah, like it! :yeah:

Reaction score
juzsvy said:
How do ya do that??
It looks really good, how much does it cost?

I won't lie to you, it really does help to have a bit of soldering experience behind you, especially when you remove the LCD display from the board. But basically it's just changing the LEDs that are there with the ones of your choice. I reckon it cost me about $30 for the LEDs and that's about it. Ofcourse I already have all the soldering tools and plenty of time to spend patiently working on it so that saves me $$.

Krustyone

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VFII SSV Redline
Sticky, can you post a pic of the leds pls..

Reaction score
Ok, today I changed the LCD display on the radio to white.
Here are the pics:

IMG_0211.JPG
IMG_0208.JPG

And for Krustyone, here's the LEDs:

IMG_0212.JPG

The LEDs in the background are the original ones. I used 3mm LEDs as I couldn't find any decent surface mount white ones at the time.