Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY auto problem

K

keithVYSS

Anybody having auto problems? I have an SS and the auto change from 1st to second is with a pause and a clunk at, low speed (30kms)!! :b:

fourstar82

Head Chef Honcho
Reaction score
Website
s31.photobucket.com
Members Ride
VYII 25th Anniversary, 2007 VE Calais
eerr, I'd take it into the dealer to have a look at it. And if its still under warranty, make sure they fix it!!!

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
got a little word for ya, warrantee, if it's under warrante, dont worry bout it, take it to holden, delay may be a pruessure problem, and the clunk at low speed could be a uni joint in the irs or even center bearin gor front uni, take it to holden, let them sort it out

cheers

S

shane0o7

i have

yeap i own a 03 mod vy v6 and am having the same problem! 1st to 2nd changes like you say. feels like a manual changing! and also when in final gear it jutters as if coming in and out of the final gear!
so i took it back to holden here in brissie! and they say "we can't find what you are talking about it could be just software" anyway i said to them i dont care if you cant find it ,there is a problem there fix it! now they have organised a time to take there rep for a drive and point out to him the problem!

p.s i am glad im not the onlyperson with the problem! it just dont feel like a new car should!

K

keithVYSS

auto prob

Hey mate,
guess what, I got the same answer from my Holden dealer, "cannot fault it" so I said "well when can I bring it back as I'm not happy" duh! should have got the manual. So, lit her up out the front of the dealership!!!! (to hell with the $380 tyres)
Yes to all it is under warranty but when you don't get it fixed it's a bloody pisser.
cheers
keith :b:

S

shane0o7

well if it is happening to a few cars then it has to be a fault!

Jimbo

Reaction score
I have a VY-SS and am very disappointed with the electronic auto, especially in slow moving traffic, or times when you slow down but not to a stop, e.g. speed humps.

The auto, or is it the computer, seems to want to always drop to 1st instead of staying in 2nd.

I've been told its by design. Have bitched to Holden once after purchase and will bitch again when it goes in for its 10k service.

K

keithVYSS

Holden dealer is replacing the auto after only 20,000 klics!!! :drink:

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
basically the 4spd auto used in the commodore is sh*thouse

good luck with the new tranny!

chris87

Reaction score
hey my dads got a vy exec and when u put it in reverse theres a delay, and when you're pointing downhill its not that fun! its actually an ex-cop one and theres recently been a clunking noise under the front passenger footwell, we reckon its the transmission probably becoz the cops flog the living **** outta the things... hmm. a few weeks we got that steering prob fixed and they fixed the fuel guage prob at the same time (i didnt even know of one). apparently they just connect the car to Tech2 and they just download the latest calibrations into the computer. although i havent heard of a fuel tank pipe problem... would the car be affected? cheers