Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

RJR wheels (pics?)

familyguy

Bog Standard
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive S2
Anyone got any sort of wheels from Bob Jane's RJR range??

I'm looking at a set of the Blade wheels (17" with Falken Z something-or-other tires) for my Exec. I've not seen many of these wheels around, even though they are a run-out model currently. Brookvale Bob Jane quoted 17" Blade plus Falken tires (235/45/R17) for $1200 the lot.

My other option are the Lightning model, same size, with same size Sava's for $1050.

Anyone got these wheels, what do they look like on the car? My car is the cat's vomit colour...Holden call it Martini in an attempt to James-Bond it up a little.

Jim

surfindude

hothouse green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S pack s1
hey mate this might help these are mine, blades i think in 18" with 40 profile tyres. they were on the car when i got it. they cost him bout 1600 but he worked at the shop.

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/showthread.php?t=30639&page=2
it is the second post on that page

attachment.php

familyguy

Bog Standard
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive S2
Champion!

They look pretty nice, unlike nearly everything on the Tempe Tyres website :rice:.

I hope the 17's with 45's will be a similar outer diameter to fill the guards up a little. If they dont, I'll just be forced to tell the wife it needs a camber kit and new springs. What a shame. :bop:

race4life

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY ACCLAIM
i have the bobjane racing wheels that you are looking at! For a sedan like Commodore I would recommend getting the 17" which give it a nice stance and look good as well. and again my acclaim didnt need anything done to it. The tyres you are looking at are maxxis v1 which provide ample grip and traction even in wet conditions, :dance: drove the car @ 170 on monash when it was raining like **** and not once did the wheels spin or give away anything!! i would recommend getting the 17" over the 18" since 18" wear out fairly fast when compared to the 17" and given the fuel prices i dont think you would be happy to change tyres too often [ say around 30K]. I will try to post a few pics real soon which might help you make a decision. BTW i paid 1200 for the wheels, fitting, gold wheel alignment.

familyguy

Bog Standard
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive S2
Thanks race4life...I'm going by thursday night to see what the total damage is for wheels, tires, fitting, balance, etc.

casuarina26

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina S1 A4
I have 17" RJR 'Blades' on my 03 Berlina with 235/45/17 Fulda's a very quite tyre excellent in the wet

Attachments

• photo7.jpg
    photo7.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 2,250

familyguy

Bog Standard
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive S2
Thanks casuarina...most helpful. I think we can consider this one closed...I've got what I need...hopefully will order them tomorrow!

Jim

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
Rjr Racing Subdue

RODNEY JANE RACING WHEELS- BLADE HYPER SILVER

17" 235 X 45 X R17, not the best mags but ones that looks nice and were at a good price thats why i got em with TZ100 Firestone Rubber... pic is in my ride section in below link.... I would like to get em polished up one day but not yet. :driving:

sting ls2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Clubsport ls2 A4
familyguy said:
Anyone got any sort of wheels from Bob Jane's RJR range??

I'm looking at a set of the Blade wheels (17" with Falken Z something-or-other tires) for my Exec. I've not seen many of these wheels around, even though they are a run-out model currently. Brookvale Bob Jane quoted 17" Blade plus Falken tires (235/45/R17) for $1200 the lot.

My other option are the Lightning model, same size, with same size Sava's for $1050.

Anyone got these wheels, what do they look like on the car? My car is the cat's vomit colour...Holden call it Martini in an attempt to James-Bond it up a little.

Jim
I put a set of RJRblade wheels on my Phantom VZ Sv6,got 18's on 235/40/18.
I did have ANZ 866 chromies on but got sick of cleaning them all the bloody time,so i got the RJR Blade rims at $145 per rim as i allready had Nankang ns2s

ssute57l

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII SS UTE
Also have a look at BSA 291 i think they are the same.