Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Auto Gearbox Info

coroman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY s
Just purchased a VY s 60k and notice the gearchange to be very smooth on the upshift to the extent that the box seems to slip between changes on a light throttle. Is this normal? I traded in my Vt after 4 years service and the gearchange felt more precise between changes. Have they done any up grades to the gearbox on the Vy's?

oxleigh

ox
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy11 exec LPG
coroman said:
Just purchased a VY s 60k and notice the gearchange to be very smooth on the upshift to the extent that the box seems to slip between changes on a light throttle. Is this normal? I traded in my Vt after 4 years service and the gearchange felt more precise between changes. Have they done any up grades to the gearbox on the Vy's?
gday mate, I found the same thing, then I checked under the car and found they have changed the universal joints for solid rubber disks, they have smoothed out the changes a lot and quietened down the car a bit compared to my VT. they may have changed the torque convertor and smoothed it out as well.
Oxleigh

coroman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY s
Gearbox Info

Thanks mate, I am getting used to the car, a major upgrade to my VT,in steering response, gearchange, handling and performance. I need to find an intermittent rattle, which seems to be comming from the left side of the dash board or firewall. Apart from this I am very satisfield with my purchase. Holden rules!

Flat_White

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Rolls Royce "Fantom"
Thanks mate, I am getting used to the car, a major upgrade to my VT,in steering response, gearchange, handling and performance. I need to find an intermittent rattle, which seems to be comming from the left side of the dash board or firewall. Apart from this I am very satisfield with my purchase. Holden rules!

sorry for digging up an ancient thread...

i notice this same probblem it is like a friction/rubbing sound coming from the left side...

anyone know the solution?

cheers