Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lowering my car

03vyPplater

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY V6 Ute
got the 18's put on, and after the service next week im getting it dropped a bit.
i got a few quotes, and WA suspensions recommends for me dropping the front about 25mm, and the rear about 45/50mm to level it out. it all sounds good, but does anyone have pics of a similar job? the measurements are just a number, and i wanna know what the finished product will look like

SSZ Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6
Check out my pictures is the VZ section. There is a thread regarding the lowering of VZ's. I have posted before and after photos and although my measurements are slightly lower (5mm) it should give you a good idea...

03vyPplater

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY V6 Ute
yeh looks sweet, thanks for the help and nice car, wish i could of afforded to by an 8
im a bricky so the rear springs are gonna bit harder than most to deal with the few bags of cement or tool box, whatevers joining me on the drive.
ill post pics once its done

farmerk

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Commodore Ute 03
I got 20's on mine and am looking to lower it just a lil to narrow the gap between the tyre and the car, but I was wondering if Pedders would be recommended? I don't know much about cars but these guys are around Ipswich so i thought to give them a try?

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII L67 Berlina Wagon and VEIISSV M6 Sportswagon
Pedders are generally considered over priced. if you provide the bits, a regular mechanic can do the job cheaper, and they won't find 10 other "problems that need to be fixed before you can take the car".

farmerk

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Commodore Ute 03
Fair enough any recommendations on suspensions and what to buy ? @Husky