Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vy Camber Problems

breast69au

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive
i have lowered my VY Series 1 Commodore and put 19" rims on the car and with the IRS Suspension i have a pretty BAD rear camber problems, i just had it at my mechanics and he said that a camber kits are slightly different to the vt - vx camber kits.

Have ppl gotten REAR Camber kits installed into there cars and where from??? Cause i wanna stop tha uneven wear!!!! PLEASE HELP

MaN|aC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 4.2 S/C
do you actually know how much camber you have? anything less than 1-2 negative degrees camber is fine

breast69au

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive
i was told i have around a 6 degree negitive camber, cause i have 19" rims and the back end has been lowered an inch

MaN|aC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 4.2 S/C
im a wheel aligner myself, do you mean the total of 6 degrees? so 3 degrees either side?

breast69au

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive
Sorry i am not sure all i know is that i have 6 degrees negative camber, but they do have a good angle inward at the top of the wheel and only two thirds of the tyre is on the ground

MaN|aC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 4.2 S/C
I have 19's with SL on my VT (using 17's atm)
and it has a 4 point camber kit from pedders for about $600

With the VY camber kit I have never seen one or that worked on another VT excluding mine that has camber kits.

With the VY's you can change the toe on the rear, im presuming you have 3 degrees either side. With 6 degrees either side there would be something seriously wrong and it would handle like a piece of sh|t.

In the mean time get a W/A and make them toe it 1.8 - 2.0mm in either side to stop the tyre wearing in the inside of the tyre. I generally put more toe if it has a little negative camber.

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
I had to put half a kit in mine from pedders, cost me $360 fitted.

SSZ Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6
MaN|aC said:
do you actually know how much camber you have? anything less than 1-2 negative degrees camber is fine

I have had my SSZ lowered a fair whack all round but still with original 18" wheels. I ended up with -1 degree of camber on both rears. Was thinking of a camber kit but from what you say it isn't needed, is that correct?

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
VY's already have camber adjustment stock. I think aftermarket camber kits are for when you want even more camber than the factory adjustment will allow. Generally they're not needed...

breast69au

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive
i have spoken to pedders and this is what they said,

"The VY's may not beable to have the camber kits install because when they released the VY commodore they put additional toe adjustments into the irs suspension and because of wot the camber bushes are made out of they may not be strong enough for the car"

And if my car had camber adjustments in the back i wouldnt be asking the question here, the VY' shave toe adjustments not camber.

TOE - The adjustment of the wheel from front to back

Camber - THe adjustment of the wheel from up and down