Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Camber Problems

breast69au

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive
I know this has been discussed here before and i think i have even posted a thread about this to.

i have a VY Series 1 Executive, it has been lowered an inch, and it has 19" rims. My tires wear heaps faster then the outside of the rear tyres because i have to much negative camber on the car, because of the mods on my car.

I have looked into some of the after market camber kits and have been told they aint up to standard for the car. The VT/VX camber kits with the bushes that replace the inside bush arent strong enough for the vibration/stress that the extra toe adjusters that the VY/VZ's have got them fitted. The other ones that have been suggested by pedders at geebung fit onto the outside bush, but pedders state office do not endorse these because they can wreck the diff.

When i was outta getting my wifes car serviced and getting her a wheel alignment done the guy at tyre power Caboolture said that if i change the lower control arm on rear Irs suspension setup from the standard executive one to either one of the ute or the FE2 suspension setup it would fix the problem because the ute/FE2 suspension lower arm is slightly longer then the standard one. I am just wondering if this is true or not and has anybody else done it????

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
Aaah, the old camber problems question. Yes it has been asked several times before, but nobody has been able to give a definitive answer.

I'm surprised you're experiencing problems if your car has only been lowered an inch. I don't know for sure but that guy may be right. I've had my car lowered an inch (from FE2) and haven't experienced any problems. My tyres still wear slightly more on the inside, but no more than what they would stock.

Dan 11

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VZ SS ute
I have a VZ SS ute, lowered 50ml with quite noticable negative camber and has worn out insides of tires badly.
Is there a bush kit that allows more than .05 adjustment? [the only ones iv found] i think it will need more than .05 degrees adjustment. dont really want to do the changing tires around every so often to even out wear

Dan 11

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VZ SS ute
Thanks for that, i thought it must have come up. I just read the thread and have replied to it.