Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY service reminder reset

2xAA

Hi Guys
Ive just joined up to find out how to reset the service reminder on my Vy SS ute. I found some info about resetting the VX and VTs, but Ive found they differ slightly to the VY. To reset the VY do the following.
Have ignition turned off
Hold down the up and down arrows on the trip computer, at the same time turn on the ingnition (no need to start)
The service reset screen will beep and appear after afew seconds.
Release the up and down buttons
Press the set button, it will beep, the screen will tell you that the service reminder is now reset.
Turn off the ignition
The reminder should now be cleared.

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this info but there you go.

Best regards
2xAA

Gobbles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim Series II
Do you mind if i ask the obvious....why would you want to reset that reminder. If its due for a service then its due for its service and surely holden would reset the reminder when they finish servicing it unless of course you took it else where and they havent done that and you have got it back after the service and its still reminding you.

2xAA

A holden dealership did service it just before I bought it, but they didnt reset the service reminder. The vehicle wasnt purchased local to myself, so taking it back for them to do something as pissy as that, isnt fesible.

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
if you do the service yourself, obviously it's nice to turn the light off

TI0350

Reaction score
Website
www.kts350.com.au
Members Ride
White S2 LX Captiva Diesel
Glad i found this thread I just bought my VY SS and the dealer did a service on it when they got the car so now the sticker on my windscreen says next service at 65,000 the car only has 59,000 so I dont want to drive around for the next few months with the service reminder on..

Cheers,

Wayne

rgv-bt1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive
When you reset the reminder, does it come up again the next time you need a service? or is it gone for good?

WAGON MAN

Gas Sleeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 Berlina Wagon with Phreddied bits.
When you reset the reminder, does it come up again the next time you need a service? or is it gone for good?

Yes it will come up again, at the next service interval.....

Keith09360

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commodore
Have ignition turned off
Hold down the up and down arrows on the trip computer, at the same time turn on the ingnition (no need to start)
The service reset screen will beep and appear after afew seconds.
Release the up and down buttons
Press the set button, it will beep, the screen will tell you that the service reminder is now reset.
Turn off the ignition
The reminder should now be cleared..

Keith09360

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commodore
:boxing:mad: Gobbles.... This is meant to be a help forum/blog, we all know about taking the vehicle to a dealer/mechanic, but if we decide to service the vehicle ourselves, then it's nice to know how to do the completion of the service like re-setting the advisory!!!!:boxing: