Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

thinkin of buyin a 2003 ss crewman any thoughts?

maginoodle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy series2 ss crewman
Hi, i am thinkin of buyin a late 2003 ss crewman. What things should i be lookin at ? I will be takin a look at it tommorow or sat mornin. Any thoughts on price? The dealer told me its got the 5.7 litre,abs power windows auto cruise mags zorst tinted windows 49000 kays.
Any ideas appreciated Cheers Shane.
Ps will be lookin through this forum later tonite

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
just make sure its had all of its recalls done and get him to bring up the vehicle service history etc etc... how much does he want for it?

maginoodle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy series2 ss crewman
just make sure its had all of its recalls done and get him to bring up the vehicle service history etc etc... how much does he want for it?

they have 32 on it but that will come down with my trade. they said they will do a good price on the trade. I will take the trade price into consideration cause i have a price in mind for me vs

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
have you thought about selling the vs privately??? might take a while longer but you will get a couple grand more:) trust me my dads a car salesman lol:thumbsup:
but 32's not too bad for what its got. another thing to watch out for crewmans is the left side top shocker bush wears out and vibrates against the tray at any speed on any road and is very annoying.

maginoodle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy series2 ss crewman
Hi, just got home i have been hoonin in my crewman. I am totally stoked. I nearly forgot how v8s go, its been a while since i owned one and that was a henry.
Gave them the 33 they were asking for. I had a look at a couple of others and none of them matched up. Saw another black one but only a base model for the same price, so i think i got a good deal.
I will try and post some photos(if i stop hoonin long enough to take some).
Davey i will go through that thread and make sure all those issues are sorted before the warrenty runs out.
Cheers Shane

TI0350

Reaction score
Website
www.kts350.com.au
Members Ride
White S2 LX Captiva Diesel
how much trade did they give you, I got $2500 for my VS when I traded it on my SS but the springs, the shocks and the tranny were stuffed, plus it needed about $600 worth of work to be done under the bonnet so I recon i ripped them off..
Enjoy your new ride mate post pics when you can I really love the crewmans..

Cheers,

Wayne

Jeffro74

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wanna bee SS
make sure you get the engine knock fixed before warranty is out

maginoodle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy series2 ss crewman
make sure you get the engine knock fixed before warranty is out

Cant hear a engine knock(wouldnt have bought it if there was). If theres a common prob can someone let me know.

Got three for me vs, dissopointed but i think its better than tryin to sell it privately.

Cheers Shane

Last edited:

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
i thought u got 2500 for ur vs?? genIII came factory with a knock, its a pretty common problem but holden were taking them back to be fixed under warranty, my old man got his WH caprice fixed