Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Whats a good Exhaust for Gen 3

DanoSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SS
Hey im getting a VY SS 2 today and im wondering what would be a good brand of exhaust and extractors and some high flow cats for around $1500 or so. I dont want to fork out $2500 for a full di fillipo system but just a reasonable priced one which will give me a good result and a nice loud sound.
Thanx

Dezza

your local HSV dealer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS M6
best bet is to go to your exhaust place and talk it threw with them tell them wat your after and wat budget you have and they should work something out or steer you in the right dirrection good luck

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
I'd suggest start with the exhaust. If your vehicles under warranty, I think it could void it if you put extractors?

cosmo94

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Ute
I had extractors, high flow cats an 2.5" cat back pipes fitted to my Vy series 2 SS ute after only a few 1000km from new. Improved the car big time, better perfromance and fuel. SS's com standard from factory with basic running gear in my opinion. SS is supposed to be a sports modle but open the airfilter box and the same $2.00 paper filter is fitted and chokes the car, so change to a K&N as well.
Warranty is voided but hey they try and worm their way out of warranties anyways, just make sure you use a good exhause shop and not "run of the mill"places and you will be wrapped with the result im sure.

DanoSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SS
Will do thanx for all the replies just got the car today its a beauty aye. Nice red, with the vy ss 18's on it. I'm probably also going to get the SS inductions growler kit as well so it can breathe better after i get the exhaust then probably a tune and maybe some 3.9 diff gears a little later on.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
for $1500 do not expect much, $650 for headers, $320 each per cat and usually around $500+ for the rear section.

Why do people always want an SS inductions kit, they are S H I T do not waste your money on it. I suggest the tune with the exhaust.

Dezza

your local HSV dealer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS M6
the old ss induction kits were **** but the growler kits arnt that bad these growler kits actually increase performance insteasd of deacreas it

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
the old ss induction kits were **** but the growler kits arnt that bad these growler kits actually increase performance insteasd of deacreas it

They do absolutely nothing on the dyno. The only performance increase is how quickly your cash disappears.

bennzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 VX II Berlina GenIII V8 5.7
for $900 im getting a 2 and a half inch duel system with 2 cats for just the system its going to cost me around $570 i went to another place and for the same system and cats wanted $1200 $600 for cats i dont need at the moment since the motor is stock with just the hsv exhaust system with extractors ive been told

VYSS346

Reaction score
Website
vhheaven.bravehost.com
Members Ride
VYSS 5.7 M6
Best thing to do.. Source a good second hand set of pacemakers for around $500-$600.. then get a twin 2.5 inch mild steel difillipo cat back system for round $750.. and the rest on just getting that pipe infront of your cats opened up to 2.5 inchs.. and that should be your $1500 roughly.. then go get a tune and intake :) id recommed an OTR of you can afford one.. roughly $380 - $700 depending on which brand you can afford.. and or plastic or aluminium..

good luck!

P.S. Im still running stock headers and cats on my VY SS S1 with only $770 difillipo cat back twin 2.5 inch in mild steel and a $680 aluminium Higgins OTR and a mafless tune and shes doing just over 300rwhp now :).. Headers will boost you a little but not much imo..