Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

+15BHP Power Mod/Chip Commodore VT VX VY VS VN VP 6&8

Marks-VY

I love cars
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Berlina
These have been discussed in JC V6 development.

If it is the same thing, you are buying a simple 5c resistor that replaces the one that monitors the air/fuel ratio. This tricks the computer and changes the mixture which possibl gives more powere at the loss of economy, possible pre-detonation, ruined catalytic converters etc.

You are better off with a revised chip which adjusts the whole package.

BTW, you will never get huge gains in power by changing the mixture. A bigger exhaust and SS inductions inlet and new chip together still would not make 45 hp. You would need to get revised ratio rockers to make use of everything else mentioned above.

Check out V6 development and modification section or Dr Bob may be able to give you a better answer.;)

Last edited:

XXFR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY, S supercharged 2003

Mate, i bought the item that you are talking about. its all bul....t. I didn't feel any noticeable power gain but i did see that my fuel consumption raised by
10L/100km. so bad that i stopped my car after a 200km highway drive and pulled the bloody thing out. its crap mate, don't even think about it. thats my opinion and my experience.
:cry: :bang:

sp001in

vyma100
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY ute
i have it as well, I do notice a a very slight difference when you put the boot in, but it's **** all considering the amount of fuel it literally dumps out the exhaust. but you won't get pre-detonation by enriching the fuel mixture, cos all you are doing is telling the computer that the air is cold, instead of hot and it is adding more fuel to compensate.

Have a mate follow you when you put your foot down, and he'll tell you it dumps about 3 cups of unburnt fuel out of the tailpipe.