Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The best air intake set up?

greatone

vuss
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss
wanna know what ppl think the best air intake set up is for the vy ss.

GEN304

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SS
Get yourself an OTR. but you require MAFLESS tune. I ran car at track with factory airbox with k&n air filter and then tried an OTR and went 5mph quicker plus intake temps dropped which gave me better fuel economy around town. I wouldn"t go for anything else. Thats my opinion anyway.

Bravotwozero

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 AMG C63 W204 Speedshift + 2013 KW T909
Get yourself an OTR. but you require MAFLESS tune. I ran car at track with factory airbox with k&n air filter and then tried an OTR and went 5mph quicker plus intake temps dropped which gave me better fuel economy around town. I wouldn"t go for anything else. Thats my opinion anyway.

You don't have to go Mafless with an OTR.

tysonsvyss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss ute m6
how does a k&n pod filter behind the headlight with heat shield compare to an over radiator intake set up

greatone

vuss
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss
yeah i was reading about the otrcai id want the one where u dont need a mafless tune there is one where u can keep it on.

Bravotwozero

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 AMG C63 W204 Speedshift + 2013 KW T909
Getting an ORRSOM OTRCAI from Sonny at Marrano's. Should be ready mid Feb.... Mafless or Maf.

http://www.marranos.com.au/packages.cfm#otr

otr1.jpg

Mules

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V8
Or just cut a second hole in the air box and add another piece of poly tube. A lot of guys swear buy it. Cheaper too.

vt1538

455rwhp LS3
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS S2 11.284@125mph
Or just cut a second hole in the air box and add another piece of poly tube. A lot of guys swear buy it. Cheaper too.

Its better than standard. However I still get some insane IAT temps around town with this mod. Once I get an airfilter I will have my home made OTRCAI ready to compare against the two hole.

JohnnyVZSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 5.7
can you get an OTR for the VZ SS if so where and how much???? i've been looking for the past 2 weeks and can only find them for the VE!!!!!