Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wheel size on vy ute?? how big can i go????

hbdvysute

Utes the word
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s ute
hey guys i wanna put a set of sabre wheels on my vy ute and i would really like to put 19's on... but im left wonderign if they would fit or not.. my car has been lowered with pedders suspension and she is sittin just below 13cm off the ground... at the moment its got a full ss bodykit and the ss 17inch rims which come standard on ss utes 17's not 18's this makes me wonder did holden do this for a reason or can 19's fit... i would settle with 18's but i woudl really liek to go up to 19's so any help out there would be thankful

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
You shouldn't have a problem fitting 19"s on, but you need to check that wheel offset is correct and suitable for your car so you won't be rubbing on anything. The tire/mag shop should be happy to assist you in purchasing one. I've seen some running on 20"s wheels no probs!!

03vyPplater

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY V6 Ute
yeh my ute is lowered on pedders, and i run 18's no problem, and the vy utes are capable of 20's, but i think with 19's you may need to adjust the camber if you havent already done so when getting your car lowered

VYSSWagon

Reaction score
you can fit 19's and 20's but is advisable to get a camber kit only if it has been lowered like 2.5" inches or lower because i got a mate with a ss ute and only 19s and he goes through tyres every 10,000ks maximum but he also carries tools for work

He should make the tools:hit: catch the bus if he is going through tyre that fast!:rofl:

He should get a camber kit and get the rear end setup correctly. My wagon is lowered 1 1/2" from FE2 height (3" from standard) and I get 25,000 from a set of tyres.

lethalduck

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 S Ute
Mines on 18-8" with 235/40
Can't legally go any lower.
Got a set of custom tempered springs being made as we speak.
There's about 30mm clearance on the inside of the tyre.
The outside will be very close, but this is what I want.
Car will be out of the panel shop in a couple of weeks hopefully. It went off road, insurance paying 10k to fix up.
So I've taken this chance to do a few extras.
PM me or just reply to this thread in a couple of weeks to remind me to let you know how it worked out and I can post some picks.

Oh, and I'd be very upset if my tyres were wearing out after 10k km's
I'd expect at least 40k km's

dynoryder

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp executive wagon
you can go 22s but it's **** ride quality

Villan_au

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina 02 V6
you can go 22s but it's **** ride quality

if you went bigger than 19" you could have problems with your insurance cover it came time to make a claim. Also you have get tyers with the right load rate for you car and a lot of tyer stores will not tell you this as they are only after a sale.