Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to install extracotrs???

Johnny_V

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII SS Ute
How easy or hard is it to install extractors in a VYII SS? I have a feeling it is a little more difficult than I think it is going to be.

Has anyone done it? What tips do you have on offer?

Insane_Metal_Man_666

METAL UP THE ARSE !!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
HAS A BLACK VZ SV6 NOW !!!
How easy or hard is it to install extractors in a VYII SS? I have a feeling it is a little more difficult than I think it is going to be.

Has anyone done it? What tips do you have on offer?

Hey There, :thumbsup:

I am Also wondering the answer to this one as well. As I will be soon getting a VY Soon as well.

So If anyone could let us know what we need to do that would be awesome as. :yeah:

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
Tip I can offer is go to the exhaust shop and get it done.

If your a mechanic or have a good idea of what your doing then go for it, 2.5hrs all it takes for the exhuast guys to do it.

Johnny_V

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII SS Ute
Does it need to be welded?

I was looking at the original manifolds and they bolt onto the catalytic converters.

Thanks for the instructions, I think I might give it a go. It'll probably save me about $400 from what I can gather. Definately worth the 2 - 3 hours.

Will I need a wheel alignment or will the steering rack movements not affect it?

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
You need to cut the pipes off at the front of the cats and weld the flanges on so the cats bolt up to the extractors. There is no need for a wheel alignment as you are not changing the position of the tie rod ends. Just make sure you get the steering wheel straight when you bolt the steering coupling back together, it is easy to put it back upside down.