Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Clutch in VY

skins

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 04 commodore ute ss ii
Hey guys i own a vy ss ute ive recently come back from a holiday to be told that my brother that i live with had taken my car out over the weekend after being out all night on the piss an by the smell of it he has drilled my clutch whilst thrashing it he says he wasnt driving it for long "just around the block" but it seems to be driving normal its just got a really bad smell to it. does it sound like he done some damage? or does it just take time for the smell to go??

SICK SS

7L 427ci BABY
Reaction score
Members Ride
427 ci vu ss a4 ve ssv a6
it takes time to get rid of the smell i desroyed the clutch in my vu and it took about a week to get the smell out of the ute they realy are **** clutches

skins

Reaction score
Members Ride
oh good! I can stop worrying now and i guess i wont have to kill him just beat the living piss out of him!

tysonsvyss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss ute m6
if it stats slipping, i think he can buy you a new clutch assembly

skins

Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah, can the clutches take a bit of a bashing tho? or are they pretty known for being replaced?

benzor

yawn :(
Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6!
yeah, can the clutches take a bit of a bashing tho? or are they pretty known for being replaced?

They're pretty weak units standard... Textralia is a far better option if he's killed your stocker.

klink

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx
They're pretty weak units standard... Textralia is a far better option if he's killed your stocker.

I concur, go a textralia clutch, stock clutches dont seem to like alot of thrashing.

can't go past the tex clutches, i have one after my stock one gave up the ghost.

Reaction score
How much does it cost roughly to have the clutch replaced with a textralia?