Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Boost Gauge

XXFR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY, S supercharged 2003
Hi guys. Just wondering if anybody has put up a boost gauge in a Commodore supercharger V6?

If yes, please let me know eactly where to hook the boost hose up to? Will appreciate it.

Thanks.

krazyboris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII Spac S/C
There ya go :) And as for a way to get it through the firewall, I found a rubber gromet on the passenger side about an inch in diameter. It's not used for anything (guessing for LHD conversions). Disconnect your battery, remove the top of the dash and the two console sections (upper and lower), then remove the side vent on the passenger side (the one that is hidden when the door shuts). I used a thin rod of metal to "thread" the boost line under the airbag area all the way over to the center of the dash. If you want some better instructions on feeding the line in and all, let me know and i'll write up a proper how to.

Last piece of advice, make sure before you cut the line (vac/fuel regulator from memory) that you have a t-piece that will fit, I didnt do this, and almost bodged the whole damn installation! All fixed now though ;)
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/showthread.php?p=490624

Charg'd

Reaction score
Members Ride
ford
underneath the snout of your supercharger there is a black plug, take it off & run the the vacuum line to this, i did it with mine & get an accurate reading, i can take a photo of the location if you want

XXFR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY, S supercharged 2003
underneath the snout of your supercharger there is a black plug, take it off & run the the vacuum line to this, i did it with mine & get an accurate reading, i can take a photo of the location if you want

Thanks buddy. I would really appreciate it if you could get me some pics. Please buddy......... :bow:

XXFR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY, S supercharged 2003
There ya go :) And as for a way to get it through the firewall, I found a rubber gromet on the passenger side about an inch in diameter. It's not used for anything (guessing for LHD conversions). Disconnect your battery, remove the top of the dash and the two console sections (upper and lower), then remove the side vent on the passenger side (the one that is hidden when the door shuts). I used a thin rod of metal to "thread" the boost line under the airbag area all the way over to the center of the dash. If you want some better instructions on feeding the line in and all, let me know and i'll write up a proper how to.

Last piece of advice, make sure before you cut the line (vac/fuel regulator from memory) that you have a t-piece that will fit, I didnt do this, and almost bodged the whole damn installation! All fixed now though ;)
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/showthread.php?p=490624

Thanks buddy.

XXFR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY, S supercharged 2003
Hey there, any pics would be much appreciated.

Thanks... :thumbsup:

Charg'd

Reaction score
Members Ride
ford
here you go, you attach the vacuum pipe to the silver piece you see in pic under the snout, it will be covered by a black plug, be warned that when you take the plug off it might crumble in your hands ive circled the the vacuum point