Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Another sucker commodore owner :) ECU Remapping?

stAtus_tuning

Reaction score
Website
www.uras.com.au
Members Ride
VY BERLINA (Lemon)
Yeah well i am the unfortunate owner (done over 100,000km in it now, none of which was trouble free :)) of a VY V6 BERLINA with all the fruit.... it is simply THE worst car ive owned but hey at least it starts every morning .... cant wait for the lease to end to get something decent.

BUT back on topic has anyone had any ECU work done? in particular i hate the doughy throttle response and vague auto. Is this cureable? the earlier models never had it so i assume they have some torque limiter to lessen warranty claims?

kave1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy series 2 v8 berlina
Yeah well i am the unfortunate owner (done over 100,000km in it now, none of which was trouble free :)) of a VY V6 BERLINA with all the fruit.... it is simply THE worst car ive owned but hey at least it starts every morning .... cant wait for the lease to end to get something decent.

BUT back on topic has anyone had any ECU work done? in particular i hate the doughy throttle response and vague auto. Is this cureable? the earlier models never had it so i assume they have some torque limiter to lessen warranty claims?
Don't waste your money you won't feel any difference if you just change the chip in the ECU,more mods are needed to get real gains.I recommend getting the V8 in your next ride:thumbsup:

stAtus_tuning

Reaction score
Website
www.uras.com.au
Members Ride
VY BERLINA (Lemon)
Don't waste your money you won't feel any difference if you just change the chip in the ECU,more mods are needed to get real gains.I recommend getting the V8 in your next ride:thumbsup:

Yeah as mentioned i dont want a chip i want a remap, i do alot of LS1 tuning (LS1EDIT)and jap tuning (POWERFC, HALTECH, MICROTECH and EMANAGE) and know that the off the shelf chips are useless 99.9%of the time. Anyone with good feedback on any companys like blue chip would be greatly appreciated. i wish i had the hardware to do it myself.

as for my next daily i am seriously looking at a turbo territory or a VE statesman for the next lease car... and palm this off as the race car tow hack (hence the remap enquiries) not sure about the statesman though as two mates have have endless troubles with theirs..... both spent at least a fortnight off the road chasing warranty issues at the dealer.... the worst of which being "no start" conditions when hot.

probaly like my car series one lemons :)

kave1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy series 2 v8 berlina
Yeah as mentioned i dont want a chip i want a remap, i do alot of LS1 tuning (LS1EDIT)and jap tuning (POWERFC, HALTECH, MICROTECH and EMANAGE) and know that the off the shelf chips are useless 99.9%of the time. Anyone with good feedback on any companys like blue chip would be greatly appreciated. i wish i had the hardware to do it myself.

as for my next daily i am seriously looking at a turbo territory or a VE statesman for the next lease car... and palm this off as the race car tow hack (hence the remap enquiries) not sure about the statesman though as two mates have have endless troubles with theirs..... both spent at least a fortnight off the road chasing warranty issues at the dealer.... the worst of which being "no start" conditions when hot.

probaly like my car series one lemons :)
Maybe putting lower diff gears in & a shift kit for the auto may do the job, seems you may be using it as a tow car.;)

stAtus_tuning

Reaction score
Website
www.uras.com.au
Members Ride
VY BERLINA (Lemon)
Nah there is some inbuilt software limiting torque on launch and kick down, im sure of it. Many manufacturers do it to increase the life of drivetrain.....to make the box outlast the warranty :)

i have the abilty to remove it on jap cars but not on the GM sixes.

im sure removing this limiter alone will transform the car... remmmeber VN v6's off the mark? man my vy is a fkn slug... compared to them off the line. i suppose im comparing this car to all the skylines and 200sx's i tune all of which make the the old holden look pretty archaic and hopeless.

vt1538

455rwhp LS3
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS S2 11.284@125mph
I am pretty sure that HP Tuners can do the later model sixes now. Have a look on their website as they have quite a few new models on their list now.

krazyboris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII Spac S/C
I think what you may be reffering to is the anti-abuse software. Not sure if there is a way to delete it all together, but scotty at chipcontrol has firmed up the shift points on a lot of 4l60e's.

Raptorsc

RAPTR6
Reaction score
Website
www.raptorsc.com.au
Members Ride
Hilux 4.0 V6 SC 400kw
I had my VY retuned through the factory computer, unsoldered the chip and put on new chip holder, no rewiring or anything like that, then just realtime tune through new chip and away we go. Totally awesome, drives like a stocker and goes like a Ferrari!