Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Questions About Lowering

Sly_VY

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Series II Karma SV6 Sedan
I know this has been covered heaps, but I don't think I have found a definitive answer, or the appropriate thread. I want to lower my series 1 VY Exec just the standard 1.5" or what ever it is. What is involved, do I need a camber kit, and how much am I looking at all up. Also, will this stage 1 drop make much of a difference in comfort?

Cheers,

Hedgey

VYClubby

Proud Clubby Owner
Reaction score
Members Ride
294rwkw Oztrack Tuned 220 cam
For that height you don't need a camber kit there is enough adjustment. I have Superlow Kings in my Clubby without needing a camber kit. As for the ride lowered springs are generally stiffer which is one of their benefits, lowering the centre of gravity as will as less body roll. I have 19's on mine and the right is nice and tight. Good luck.

Also I lowered mine myself. It only took 3 hours in my driveway. It's worth doing if you want to save cash for more mods.

Sly_VY

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cheers mate, thats good to know, so how much for the superlows? And do you need much knowledge of cars to do so?

Sly_VY

Reaction score
Members Ride
Just called Pedders, the dude quoted me at $660 for a 1.5" drop. No camber kit, which i thought was the case anyways. And he also said it came with some kind of replacement block or something. haha. But yeah thought that may be a bit steap. What do you guys think?

GOTMYN

Stab it and Steer...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Whippled 5.7, VE SV6, GU Patrol 3.0DI
Lowered VY.

Too Steep!!, I had mine lowered for $330, Kings Super Lows. Changes feel of car completely!! Go for it, ive got 18's Five people, boat etc, fully loaded and no scrub, ever!!
:thumbsup:

Sly_VY

Reaction score
Members Ride
So how low do super lows take you, and where did you go to get them done? Im on the sunshine coast, so anywhere near there would be a bonus!

08_adaml

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII Spac Manual
I recently did mine last week. Got Lovell's Superlows rear, and Lovells low on front. I paid $255 and fitted them ourselves. Did it in 1.5 hours (it helps with the right Tools :)) I will post a pic when i get to my laptop. I had a S pac though and didnt need Camber kit.

Superlows take you 2'' lower than FE2 or 5cm.

The guy said if it was executive height and a big drop to superlows, you wouldve had to get the camber kit.

As for scraping, none yet, but i find my mud guards do a bit, especially on gutters...

lavernier123

Reaction score
vyss

Just called Pedders, the dude quoted me at $660 for a 1.5" drop. No camber kit, which i thought was the case anyways. And he also said it came with some kind of replacement block or something. haha. But yeah thought that may be a bit steap. What do you guys think?

hi the price is to dear i got my done at tyrezone for under $300 drop it 100mil looks great.

lavernier123

Reaction score
i got vyss sedan i lowered all round 100mill super super low kings coils