Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Swapping Style of VY Dash...

ruredi

AVGJO3
Reaction score
Members Ride
'12 SS V Z Series Manaul Sportwagon
Hi all...how are you?

Look I just handed over the keys to my much loved VS and have now recently hopped behind the wheel of a VY...exec series II...I find the dash in it very boring and am wanting to swap it over for something nicer...I have seen so many different versions and im kinda a fan of all of them...I am aware there are certain dashes available and that you can fit them with some re-programing...firstly would you guys be able to tell me what dashes (models) are available for me to fit...whats involved in re-programming, who does it and how much...??? any help would be much appreaciated....

Cheers, Joe :thumbsup:

ruredi

AVGJO3
Reaction score
Members Ride
Anyone? Come on guys...ive never ever posted a question on here to not receive a response...dont fail me now...lol...

Cheers, Joe :thumbsup:

mccar13

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF S1 Evoke Wagon & VF S2 SSV Redline Wagon
Cluster

You can put any VY cluster in. I have a vy SII S-Pac and i have just upgraded it to a HSV one with the three windows. As i said you can put any cluster in the only thing you need to be careful of is, getting the right cluster for the series. For example if you put a Serious 1 cluster into a Serious 2 car your fuel gauge will be backwards. Same if you put a Series 2 cluster into a Serious 1. If you need any more info, just tell me.

fluxxx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim S1
yeh, like mccar13 said, you can put any cluster in as long as its the correct series. i think you may also be able to put a vz series 1 cluster into a vy series 2... but im not 100% sure.

for everything else (v6 or v8, speedo calibration etc) this can be programmed by any holden dealer.

the dealer near me charge about $90 to reprogram and calibrate a cluster.

ruredi

AVGJO3
Reaction score
Members Ride
ok ok cool...thanks heaps guys...so no matter whether it i a v6 or v8 no matter what model...so long as its series matched it will be ok...??? awesome...$90 also seems worth it...

Cheers Guys, Joe :thumbsup: