Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Double Din Head Unit in VY/VZ

extremeaudiowa

Reaction score
Gday Everyone,

I am installing a system into my new VZ commodore

I am installing the following (Its all Pioneer) I work for Pioneer.

AVHP6850DVD (Double Din Head unit)
TSC160R (Yellow Cone Splits, Front)
TSD161S (Yellow Cone 2 Ways's Rear Doors)
TSSW1241D (12" Shallow Mount Sub)
GM5300T x 2 (Amplifiers for Sub & Front Splits
GM3300T x 1 (Amplifier for Rear Speakers)
CDBTB100 x 1 (Bluetooth Module for Mobile Phone Connectivity)

I am installing the amps into a false floor in the boot and making the shallow sub into the spare wheel well

The question i have is how many people have installed a Double din in there car. I know how to make the facia out of the single din one but what i am wndering is what do you secure the deck too. Do you secure to the inside of the dash or does the fascia still old it in place.

Thanks guys

klaw81

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII SV8
I have a JVC double-DIN head unit in my VY and I've had a lot of trouble trying to find a kit to suit. All of the local shops have told me just to get a single DIN kit and cut out the extra bit to suit, but like you, I couldn't see how to hold the DDIN head unit in place.

I found a kit made in the US to suit 2004-2006 Pontiac GTO, which is the US version of the Monaro and appears to have exactly the same dash as the VY Commodore. The item is a Metra kit, model 95-3528 (DDIN), the single DIN kit is 99-3528. I have recently spoken to ASJ in Melbourne who are the Metra distributors for Australia....they didn't know about the kit (it's relatively new) but when I told them about it, they ordered a heap.

The kits should be available through Autobahn etc in about 6 weeks or so. There's also a guy in the US who's selling the Metra kits through eBay, if you don't want to wait that long. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PONT...004QQitemZ140114098896QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

I should have mine in a week or so, I will update this post when it arrives and put some pics up.