Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HSV Binnacle

Mr_Calais

go the K's
Reaction score
Members Ride
85 VK Calais and 03 VY storm ute 05 hilux
Hey im planning on buying the HSV binnacle and wanted to check that other gagues like autometer ect would fit i think 52mm is this true would they fit
?

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
52mm is the standard size so they should fit ok.

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
Sorry to hijack your thread but given it's related I thought I'd ask, what is the best price you've found for the binnacle?

Having a browse around it seems to vary from about $70 - $80 off ebay (looks crap) to $600 - $700 including gauges.

I think CAPA here in SA did them for about $200 which I thought was good and then buying the gauges on top.

warrick

Reaction score
Website
members.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VF 6.0 CALAIS V
i'm not 100% positive but i think you will find that the hsv binnacle holes are only 50mm not 52mm.i think they can be modified to suit with a bit of work.maybe.better check first if i was you.
cheers
warrick

Clay-VY

Clay
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY supercharged Calais
I purchased the HSV binnacle from holden genuine part cost $207.00 incl GST, the one's on Ebay are sprayed fibre glass and either stick to the dash with double sided tape or you have to screw them down (looks tacky) the gauges I installed are 52mm Autometer and fit beautifully. I picked up the gauges both new off Ebay at $58.00 each and around town they are priced at around $115.00 ea. I have installed a volt and oil pressure(elec). I hope this helps. Clayton:w00t:

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
the gauges I installed are 52mm Autometer and fit beautifully. I picked up the gauges both new off Ebay at $58.00 each
did that include wiring and sensors or just the guage?

I was thinking of doing it to my Zed because its a waste of space up there (well the blanking plate is autographed by a few Holden V8 Supercar drivers but it could be used a bit better) but by the time you get everything its too damn expensive to justify spending the money on somethings thats really useless.

The other thing I wouldnt mind getting hold of is the original VY Adventra "inclometer" or whatever it was called. Used the same binnacle but the 2 guages were for vertical level and horizontal level. In theory for when your "off road", not that you'd get it very far off road, but I thought they were a good idea - it gave the dash the binnacle to fill in the space and the guages didnt need to be hooked up to anything. Then again I suppose VY wont fit VZ ... its all too hard to try and do it cheap!!!! :whistling

Clay-VY

Clay
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY supercharged Calais
Sensors

The electric oil pressure gauge comes with the sensor, however you need to get a VDO adaptor in order to use the existing holden sensor and the new so you don't stuff the computer around. the volt meter I rigged up to the power outlet in the centre console and used harness connectors for the wiring. The hardest part was getting the wiring through the firewall, finally found a spare grommet located on the passangers side near the aircon and ran wiring for oil pressure through there. Clay

Clay-VY

Clay
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY supercharged Calais
The adaptor costs around $15.00