Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY speaker installation help

dean_jely

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY exec
Hey guys im new to this forum and cant seem to find much on replacing speakers. Ive got 6inch splits for the front with the 6"speakers installed in the doors, im having trouble finding a way to get the factory tweeter grills off and woundering if someone can tell me how to remove the tweeter grill to put my tweeters in. Im also woundering if anyone can give me any help with how i go about cutting my parcel shelf to install 6x9's.

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
For the drivers side, open the door and unscrew the vent in the side of the dash, you need to drop down the panel under the steering wheel to do this which is just clipped on.There are three screws holding on the vent.Once you remove that there is one screw holding the windscreen vent trim in place, unscrew it and the rest of the trim is clipped in, just lift it out and that will give you access to your factory tweeters.On both side from memory you may have to remove the door sill trim, which just unclips once you remove the flod down handle.Repeat the dose for the passenger side by opening the glove box or removing it(which i found easier cause it gives you more room)
For the parcel tray i used a stanley knife and carefully cut around where the mould is in your shelf, just be careful not to cut out too much!

dean_jely

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY exec
Thanks for the help mate, exactly what u said. Tweeters soundin real nice now.