Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Advice needed on headers

Aryashahin

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Calais supercharged V6
looking forward to install extractors to my Vy SC calais.. don't really know what to get?!!
Doe anyone have any recommendations?!!:thumbsup:

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
On a supercharged V6, I would be going Pacemaker PH5060 or PH5061, depending on the performance mods you are doing in the future. PH5060 have 1 5/8" primaries and 2 1/4" outlets, and the PH5061 have 1 3/4" primaries and 2 1/2" outlets. The bigger ones will be better if you are going for big HP down the track, if not go with the smaller of the two.

cpbait

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss commodore 5.7ltr
yeh pacies are good, i had a mate put them on a v6 was a vp though, and on a vn ss, had them on a vk 308 i had, good exhaust, i'm thinking bout getting them for my vy ss, with a lukey hi-flow 2.5" system to match, not_an_abba_fan what would be a good set of pacies to put on a vy ss 5.7? sorry to hi-jack ur forum Aryashahin.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
It will depend on where you want your power band to be and what you are planning for the car. Good mid range torque and bottom end would be the tri Y's PH5367, if you want high end performance with a good top end, go the PH5360 tuned. Or if you are planning to charge it or modify the crap out of it, go PH5361 or 62, which have 1 3/4" and 1 7/8" primaries respectively. Depending on where you are, I can do a pretty good price on them too.

GOTMYN

Stab it and Steer...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Whippled 5.7, VE SV6, GU Patrol 3.0DI
:thumbsup:
looking forward to install extractors to my Vy SC calais.. don't really know what to get?!!
Doe anyone have any recommendations?!!:thumbsup:

Hi there,

I have the 1 3/4 Paceys on my V6......
Although I am N/A atm, I was Modding it towards a Raptor Charger,

they work a treat, even in N/a application, 132rwkw, Dont seem to hold her back at all. Go the larger, or you will always wonder why you didnt.......

Forced engine need the best possible flowing exhaust without being too loud!!!

:thumbsup::driving::thumbsup:

cpbait

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss commodore 5.7ltr
yeh at the moment would be low down torque and midrange performance, won't be getting performance work done for a while and if it does the motor will be coming out for a full rebuild and charger so can change the headers ova then again, but at the moment u'd say the tri y's would be best? with a good 2.5" hi-flow mandrel bent lukey sports exhaust system and a tune to go with of course, how much can u do these for? i'm in melbourne and a mechanic too, so shipping would be to where i work(a dealership).

Aryashahin

Reaction score
Members Ride
On a supercharged V6, I would be going Pacemaker PH5060 or PH5061, depending on the performance mods you are doing in the future. PH5060 have 1 5/8" primaries and 2 1/4" outlets, and the PH5061 have 1 3/4" primaries and 2 1/2" outlets. The bigger ones will be better if you are going for big HP down the track, if not go with the smaller of the two.
So if i decide to go for PH5061,1 3/4 how much more power would i be getting from it at what cost?!!
Is there any were is Brisbane where i can get them?!!
BTW thanks for the info..

GOTMYN

Stab it and Steer...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Whippled 5.7, VE SV6, GU Patrol 3.0DI
Power???

So if i decide to go for PH5061,1 3/4 how much more power would i be getting from it at what cost?!!
Is there any were is Brisbane where i can get them?!!
BTW thanks for the info..

Exhaust alone wont give much extra at all, Probably around the 2-3rwkw range, But with Roller Rockers and CAI, they will all compliment each other and the gain will be noticable... 20-30 kw...

One without the other is OK to do, however I would start with Rockers and then exhaust. Rockers are the most noticable Bang for Buck!!

Aryashahin

Reaction score
Members Ride
Exhaust alone wont give much extra at all, Probably around the 2-3rwkw range, But with Roller Rockers and CAI, they will all compliment each other and the gain will be noticable... 20-30 kw...

One without the other is OK to do, however I would start with Rockers and then exhaust. Rockers are the most noticable Bang for Buck!!

good advice , but i dont know much about Rockers.. so i need a bit more info.. cheers
beside i though the Calais do come with CAI..will not a good one..
BTW found this link..
Yella Terra - Yella Terra

Last edited:

cpbait

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss commodore 5.7ltr
yeh keep your factory cai on the s/c motor, i put one of these with a k+n filter onto my vr v6 and noticed a slight change in better drivability and throttle response, these are a good cai and i think do the same if not better than the $300-$400 aftermarket ones you can buy, so u wont need a cai, talk to fit on here and ask them bout there roller rocker setups in there forum on here, they do alot of good work with the s/c 6, good luck with it, all worth it in the end, and with the exhaust, roller rockers and ur good factory cai it will go hard, plus add on a pulley kit and ecu remap and it will be rocking :D