Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

yokohama or bridgestone

knight97

Reaction score
Members Ride
was vn s pack now VY S2
Hi
had my Vy for bout 6 months and wanna get new tyres

Yokohama Adrive AA01

or

Bridgestone RE92

65 15 205

All advice welcom

Family man not Hunter street Hooner

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Wouldn't go with either personally.

commsirac

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Members Ride
vx
I would go for the Yokohama's stay clear of the RE92's they are a very dangerous and cheep tyre that should not be used on big cars like commodores.

I have the yokos on the front and re92s on the back, LOL.

seriously I dont drive my commodore hard enough to know which tyre hangs on better, it used to have re92s on each corner.
The yoko looks better and the tread looks better for water dispersion, I bought on looks(and they were $90 each).......shallow I know!

The re92s are dangerous? and cheep(is that the noise they make when running over birds?)
They're certainly not cheap at between ~ $100-110 and Gm fit them to all new commodores? why havent we heard about how dangerous these tyres really are?

dufus

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
rickshaw
Id go for the Yokohama's over the Bridgestone's if I had to choose between one or the other.

knight97

Reaction score
Members Ride
was vn s pack now VY S2
Well some say neither

Please quote choice and approximate cost

thanks

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
The minimum tyre i would go with would be a Dunlop 3000A, i cannot quote cost because i have no idea what size rim you have. A standard size 17 inch will cost you $160 per corner.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
I would go for the Yokohama's stay clear of the RE92's they are a very dangerous and cheep tyre that should not be used on big cars like commodores.

They are not dangerous however they were very cheap for Holden etc to buy OEM and thus were fitted as origional equipment to hundreds of thousands or Commodores new.

High performance tyre? Probably not. Dangerous? No more than any other tyre. Fortunatly most drivers never get close enough to the limit to find out.

Reaper

commsirac

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Members Ride
vx
3000A, i cannot quote cost because i have no idea what size rim you have.

I made an assumption that there were standard 15 x 6 in since this is a comm forum and that is the standard rim size and the enquiry was on the yoko aa01
and re92.

Both offer 205/65/15, though both do offer a 16in variant which would be a lower overall diameter, thought it would be unlikely we were talking about those.