Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Alloy Wheels

cart

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive
After trying to find a new set of Alloy Wheels in 15" they seem to be like hens teeth,exp when u live in the country and u only have brochures to go off,though even then I keep getting "they dont do them in 15".

I have found a set locally,which they have in stock and I can not be bothered driving to Geelong or other places where they may have a larger range on display, what I am wondering is has anyone got these on their car or what do u think of them.

They r going on a VY Sedan which is quicksilver in colour, the alloys r somewhat of a platinum colour and I was wondering if it would be too much of the same colour in respect to the car colour,I would prefer something with a machine finish or chrome in them.

Going to a larger size wheel is not an option,however I am off to Adelaide soon so I was thinking of having a quick look over there,only cause its a city and I will be there.

The pic is of a CSA Alloy Wheel called Reactor as far as I know they r platinum in colour with small metal flakes in the paint work.

Thanks

Cart

Attachments

• 0d2c8be0.jpg
    0d2c8be0.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 252

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
They'd look OK - not alot to each spoke to speak of.

nEb.

Reaction score
Members Ride
04' VY II Acclaim
just a quick questiobn man, ... why 15''?

20s fill out a vys guards perfect, 19s on fe2 looks gr8, and 18s with like kingsprings looks good too, thought abt going larger than 15" ?

evil_monkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
i thought 17s were huge back in the day now everyones rollin on 20s they look tiny and anything smaller look hideous

cart

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive
G/day neb,
Why 15" wheels,cause I cant afford bigger ones:cry: Lol no I could have got a set of 17" with low profile tyres at a good price(secondhand) but after driving in my Au with the suspension lowered i found the ride knocked the crap out my back (crook back here), after talking to various tyre guys about going something bigger they told me that I will feel the bumps more and have more of a rougher ride( if i could call it that)so i just want that more of a comfortable ride,hence the 15".
Also if i stuff a tyre up I am only up for maybe $100.00 tops,trust me I would love to spend the dollars and make the car look mickey mouse,i think my days of thats sort of thing are over,back then if u had set of 14" mags on your car it was classified as s### hot and the front spoiler, well that was plastic and did not go all the way around the bumper and was held in by self tappers and if u went over 120klms per hr u where afraid the dam thing would fold back under itself,no areo dynamics then lol.Ah sitting in the engine bay with no bonnet on in the FB operating the throttle linkage on the triple s.u. or stromberg carbies u fitted while your mate drove and the sound of the exhaust,extractors,one hot dog muffler and straight pipe.
In a nutshell,my age :D

Cheers :thumbsup:

Last edited:

nEb.

Reaction score
Members Ride
04' VY II Acclaim
thats fair enough homeboy, lol, well ur right about the bigger the wheel size = the crappier the ride feels (spine wise) i have 19s and fe2 and yeah i gota say, when i had the stock 15's and the stock springs it was a much smoother and a much softer ride.

But hmm .. i wonder how much ur paying, because i picked up my 19's with tyres (second hand - with like 90% tread) for $1000.00 off ebay, yes thats right one thousand dollars.

*shrugs* look around man, ull be suprised at the bargains that you'll find.

cart

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive
neb,
the 15" will set me back $130.00 for each wheel that incls fitting balancing
most dealers have said for a new 15" Alloy I should allow about $180.00 for each one,that was a basic figure on what I should look at expenditure wise,I actually got to fit one on the car and they dont look too bad.

Cheers :thumbsup: