Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

sump plug

Loupy31

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina Wagon
Hi all,
I want to do an oil change on my V6 never done one before, its always been at the dealers for that, my question is where do i find the sump plug on these engines.

Peter

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Hi all,
I want to do an oil change on my V6 never done one before, its always been at the dealers for that, my question is where do i find the sump plug on these engines.

Peter

Jack her up, will be underneath somewhere, not sure of the 6's have a scrape plate protector? if it does, just unbolt it and drop it off.

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
you will see the base of an alloy pan behind the radiator, it has lines casted into it, sump plug is on the passengers side of the sump, oil filter is ryco z154, when you replace the oil filter make sure the old o-ring comes off and when you tighten lubricate the new filters o-ring, dont over-tighten the filter, just till it stops than 3/4 of a turn is all its needs

silversv8

VY GTO 4 DOOR
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY GTO 4 DOOR
Hi all,

Peter

at the bottom of the sump:thumbsup::)