Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Phillips lights

trentvy

Dodges raindrops
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy S pack

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
I'm pretty sure you need H4's mate, they're H1's.

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
You simply can not beat HID's though. I have a H4 6000k conversion in my cruiser and they are way better than ANY halogen bulb.

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
If you're going to get into the 'legality' side of things, I remember seeing somewhere maybe that HID's are "Not for Highway Use". But that's in Queensland, if it's legally possible where you are, go for it! they're awesome

BANKS

DW I'm a Spray Painter!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ Ute
problem is you need projector headlights to legally install xenons - so they're only legal on the hsv model headlights and the calais'

Been covered 100 times before. As i've been involved in most of them. lol :p

HID kits are illegal for all holdens fullstop. Doesn't matter what headlights you have HSV, execuative, doesnt matter they're all illegal... on paper

If you do want to run them, go with the hsv, vz ss spec headlights. There not 100% build for HID but they're better then the standard headlights as it controls the beam more.

Saying that im getting a kit on mine soon just because my headlights are SHOCKING

trentvy

Dodges raindrops
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy S pack
yeah we all love the xenon debate, but will the phillips will give you that real white light as opposed to stock. and not so bright youll get every second person flashing there high beams at you?

BANKS

DW I'm a Spray Painter!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ Ute
I cant fully remember but I think blue vision, power 2 night and vision plus are the only ones that you can legally use on the road for everyday driving.

The diamond vision, crystal vision and silver vision are for "off road use only". So for example if you installed these as your low or high beams, they blinded a driver and he crashed into you, you would be at fault and your insurance would be void.

I've got blue vision in my fog lights and they are as bright if not brighter then my headlights. But for some stupid reason, Holden put H11 as the lowbeam in the HSV/SS spec headlights. Resulting in no option from Philips as that type of bulb is rarely used. So 6000K HID kit is going in my low beams. diamond vision in the high beams and as I said I’ve already got blue vision in the fog lights. You can put H9 bulbs in a H11 connection as they are the 99% the same bulb and about 40% brighter. Just a little plastic tab stops the H9 fitting into a H11.

Previously I had blue vision in both my low beams, high beams and fog lights in my VY and "let there be light" is the phrase that comes to mind lol. A real clean white light that looked good both in and outside the car. Never got flashed as they where angled correctly :)