Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Headlight bulbs

DUK13Y

When in doubt, slide it out
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VEII SSV, VYII Berlina, '97 Lancer
I was thinking of changing my headlight bulbs to some more powerful ones. I am pretty sure I have just the factory ones at the moment. I don't want to spend the big money for the HID kits but some stronger lamps would be good. I have heard phillips crystal vision are good. Any thoughts?

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
gottavycalais did the HID conversion on his VY Calais and from memory was happy with the result, was also fairly well priced.

I have the Narva Artic Blue lights from over here NARVA Automotive Lighting & Electrical on Page 9 and fairly happy although reminds me I want to get the HID conversion done on mine.

younglion

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY SS Ute 5.7
im in the same boat. i dont mind how much the globes are i just want a stronger light at night. somewhere inbetween low and high beam. i see diamond vision is the same wattage as the standard globes but claim to be brighter. is this right? or do i need a higher wattage?

trentvy

Dodges raindrops
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy S pack
awww he linked it to my thread:embarrass:embarrass:embarrass:embarrass

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 04 S/W
Hey I have the Philips crystal vision in all my lights, low/high beam and spots and there great.
I have the ones that are bright white with just a touch of blue as the next ones were the blue looking lights and there just a bit to gay/try hard for me.

Windsurfing.....

BANKS

DW I'm a Spray Painter!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ Ute
Hey I have the Philips crystal vision in all my lights, low/high beam and spots and there great.
I have the ones that are bright white with just a touch of blue as the next ones were the blue looking lights and there just a bit to gay/try hard for me.

Windsurfing.....

Are you talking about the blue vision ones?

I've got blue vision in my foggies and there not blue

46416d1207821282-banks-vz-ssz-ute-img_6430-1024x768-.jpg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 04 S/W
There's four or five types and I went the next ones down from the real blue ones.
I'm pretty sure I have the same type as you.

Windsurfing.....

BANKS

DW I'm a Spray Painter!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ Ute
So thats crystal or diamond vision isnt it

who what in the when how?

My picture? The foggies are blue vision

Lowbeam are standard holden H9's. The right side parkers is those little blue bulbs you get when you buy the philips range of lights, there ok, bit brighter then stocko but im getting LED's in there, more sharper and brighter. Left side parkers are standard holden bulbs