Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

pedals

A

andyvys2

does anyone know how to put racing pedals on the acceleraor??? looks like a pin??can you do it yourself or do you need to take it to a dealer!

brentmc

Custom: Better than stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
VYS S1
no real easy way. I used brute force and bent my old one off over the pin. it didn't wreak the old pedal either. some guides i have read say about removing the pin, but **** thats a spring pin! once its in there theres no easy way that thing is coming out! especially not in such a confined space!

you may not want to do what i did in fear of wreaking your pedals, but basically, grab the bottom of the pedal, (hold the accelerator stalk firmly) and firmly crank the pedal toward the door. because its plastic, it should bend over the pin. then, get your replacement pedal and bend and lightly force it over the pin.

its harder to explain than it is to do. but you can do it in under 10 minutes with a bit of patience!

just be careful you dont mutilate your new pedal on the pin or you will render it useless! also take note of how the "auto correction" spring comes off! (dont fret this is easy to configure anyway!)

alternativly you might take it to holden and im sure they'd do it for you, but really they have more important things to do than fit pedals for you, so i'd say you'd get slapped with a hefty "nuience tax" to do the job.

if you have more trouble let me know and i'll try to explain it a bit better or provide pics or something...

hsv_punk

I Just Want One
Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII Berlina V6
To do mine, I just sliped a flat head screwdriver between the metal part that the pedal attaches to and the pedal, then levered the plastic of the pedal over the pin. Will mark it a little, but still fine overall. Give it a shot. Its not too hard once you nut it out.

SMOKN_LJ

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
LJ Torana, VL Calais
I had to do this to a car at work one day, i pulled the whole accelerator assembly out and did it on a bench as its hard to knock the pin out from under the dash.