Because i've spoken to three different holden dealers and all of them consistently fail to be any help, i've decided to log in again! I've got afew things i want to do and would just like to hear from anyone who's undergone the same thing
1) I'd like to change the grill on my VY II acclaim, Is the Calais grill built with the chrome strip on the bonnet, or do i buy it seperately? And if i were to buy a Calais grill would it fit despite having the standard front bar. And how about the Berlina grill?
2) Leather steering wheel, auto shifter and handbrake lever i believe are all simple straight swaps to the yucky plastic variants?
3) Changing cluster! I want Berlina or Calais or HSV cluster instead of the standard exec looking one. Got 3 different responses from different Holden dealers. One said you cant do it, second says you need a different computer, third said it can cost between $126.50 - sky is the limit. All of which are no help. Has anyone got a more accurate $ figure so i can work out if its worth doing? My cluster is at 115kkm i think ive read that being above 100kkm more is involved
1.calais grille and berlina grille will not fit. ( i am in the process of modifying my exec grille if you would like a picture)
2. changing to a leather steering wheel is not so easy all the plastics is pretty straight forward
3. diff cluster costs how eva much the cluster costs every cluster be it clais or hsv is a diff cost and i dont see why it should be diff over 100kms but u may need a different loom for the cluster to work and holden should be able to change it to the correct kms
with the cluster, I picked up a new HSV one for around 500 bucks from Holmart. I am hoping phreddy will be coming through Canberra soon to get the LEDs changed and get the cluster put in.
You also need to make sure that you get the same series cluster that your car is ie. series one cluster for series one car, series 2 cluster for series 2 otherwise your fuel and temp gauges will work in reverse.
You will also need to get a tech 2 to program your cluster to the klms currently on your car. YOu can only do this before your cluster goes over 100klm apparently (although I have heard different somewhere)
not that hard to change your steering wheel and plastics
Chev badges are an instant fail
Bugger it - wrong thread again. Moved to the right place.
Steering wheel would be a strait swap, just make sure u disconnect the Batt before u change it.
Same with the Cluster, make sure the one u have has a grey connector, if its a blue it wont work. (VY grey - VZ blue)
The Blue One
Yeah but the guy at Holden said at the sky is the limit, but starting price is one hour labour for $126~. I dont want to pay $200 for a cluster and find out after they've fixed it up for me that they want $300 or something stupid
So has anyone had a chance to do this? My cluster is above 100kkm, wouldnt know why that would make a difference?
How are you modifiying the front bar dude? Wouldnt it be easier to grab a berlina bar or calais bar and fit it straight up?
Any pictures? Whats involved?
awesome job on the grill.
you can get the km's changed to what you want, just got to know the right people
also you need to get the cluster callibrated to the vehicle, fuel sender etc, i believe, but not to bad to do, and yeh you need to make sure its the right one for your car.
steering wheel pritty easy, and gear shift boot is pritty easy, just got to pull out/up center console, going to do mine soon as its all ripped and thats what i was told, $40 for boot and $100 to fit, so i'll do myself, handbrake lever easy to fit too, check out ebay always seems to be a few ss, spac and hsv ones on there.