Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY Exhaust

Jisso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU Ute
Just wondering whether anyone has fitted a sports exhaust and extractors to their V6 engine? Reason I ask is, I've read a few threads saying it leans out the engine, and that the ECU cant be re-tuned. Can anyone shed any light on the situation? And if I was to fit a system will I run into any probs. :confused:

V

vyyoot

Exhaust

I have HM headers and a 2.5 inch exhaust with a high flow cat on my V6 manual Vy ute. I was told that there is no need to re programme the ECU in the VY because it will learn the new settings after driving it for a while. I pulled out the relay for the ECU for 30 seconds which I was told resets the ECU so it will learn a bit quicker. I am happy with the result of the system. It has a snappier response and a great sound. Put in a K+N filter for good measure.

Jisso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU Ute
Thats what I thought. Thanks!!!

R

Ratty

Jisso,

I am also in WA... best place in WA for fitting etc I have found is Genie in Myaree... They sell the (funny enough) the Geni headers... let me know where you getting your done and what sorrt of prices you get etc... cause I have looked in ossie park and balcatta and found the best price to be Genie... think 680 for headers fitted for genie ones...

Cheers