Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Nofan's VY II Exec. 5 Speed Manual . [First Car]

Nofan

red cars go faster.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Executive S2
Name:Brad
Model: 2004 Vy II Executive
Colour: Red
Transmission: 5 Speed Factory Manual
Kilometers: 170xxx
Purchase Price: 11 550

Current Modifications
She's pretty stock at the moment.
Exhaust Tip

Future Modifications
18" Wheels.
Tinted Windows.
New head unit.
3way 6"9's and 6"5.
2x 12" Sub's

Pictures
16298412.jpg

Sitting in the driveway. After being driven from Melbourne to Bendigo.
96035220.jpg

A dark shot from the rear on an interesting angle.
18570006.jpg

Original car sales snap.​

She's stock as a rock ATM. Once i save up some more money i will begin the mods. If anyone has any idea's please post them up! This is my first car. Currently on my L's till April :)

Last edited:

VzVzVz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S ute
was it hard to find it in manual? did u buy from auction?

Nofan

red cars go faster.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Executive S2
It took along time for me to find a manual at this price. So cheap too! And this was from melbournes cheapest cars.

The only other manuals i found were all S pack's priced at 17K or the SS's which are alot more in condition.

I litteraly looked at hundreds of other commodores at different dealers and i found none. After driving this car for a week the clutch and eveything seems to be running incredibly smooth. But the only problem i had has been the ABS failure warning popping up twice randomly but that goes away and i don't think it's the actual abs but rather the electronics stuffing up.

Damien at melbournes cheapest was great, he even chucked in floor mats, detailed the car and a set of tyres.

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
Yep that was the same with me two, spent about 3-4 months till i found my buggy. Blue SV6 with a 6spd, low ks too.

Nice pickup btw. Looks the goods in red!

Nofan

red cars go faster.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Executive S2
Yep that was the same with me two, spent about 3-4 months till i found my buggy. Blue SV6 with a 6spd, low ks too.

Nice pickup btw. Looks the goods in red!

Cheers mate, love the blue sv6 too. Both bright colors. Though I've always seen Holden more as red. Do you think having manual's will help retain the value of our cars in the future? I mean of course manual's are cheaper but in 3 years when i sell it , there will be more p platers on restrictions therefore more of them will be looking for manual v6's.

Farax

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY
their both crazy cars, yeah i got me a 5sp vy aswell for cheap 8K
and yeah easily their demand will be high in a few years and you can make you money's worth and a lil profit. thats my opinion

Nofan

red cars go faster.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Executive S2
8k? Where'd you go Farax thats dirty cheap! wish i could of got one that cheap. But yeah.

A little update, picked up a Ryco A360 Air filter last night, might install, not sure if it will fit. Also gotta buy some tools. Pity payday ain't till tuesday.

Farax

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY
yeah Nofan i bought it with front bumper damages, i juss change the front bumper and one headlight and it was good to go, they flyyy too

Nofan

red cars go faster.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Executive S2
Nice, Yeah I've noticed it's a VERY fun car to drive. I would of put on a clubby front if i was you Farax but thats just me :p

A little update guys bought a Sony double din head unit. I'll post it some other time. Ripped out my stock head unit. Its going to eBay soon. It was quite fun. Following some instructions from i believe a post by Phreddy? I got a coat hanger chopped them up with a hack saw and it worked first go :D.

I'm still trying to get a double din surround a Grey one to match, so if anyone knows where i can get on shoot me a pm or a post, they only have black atm in stock at bendigo :( .

I'm having trouble deciding what to do next. Wheels or 6x9's 6's , amp and sub + amp. Or exhaust. I want to decent exhaust system thats not just all for show but some power behind it.

phatsix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais
I'm having trouble deciding what to do next. Wheels or 6x9's 6's , amp and sub + amp. Or exhaust. I want to decent exhaust system thats not just all for show but some power behind it.

defs go wheels first. this car would look shmicko with rims and a bit of lowering. youve already got a stainless exhaust tip that should do you looks wise for now, and std. sound system on commys is still pretty good