Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Air Bag Reset

rebecca22

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
Ok, i turned on the ignition with the air bag disconnected and now i have the SRS airbag error. Does anyone know if the airbag fault code is stored in the Computer (ECU)? I have a VCM programmer and can reflash the ECU with a firmware prior to the error. Don't want to take it to Holden!

Burto89

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ S-Pack Ute
Hey bec, i had the same problem (still havnt fixed it) i assume the VCM is like a scantool? if so it should be right to clear it like that. But wait till someone who knows confirms that.

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Try disconnecting the battery, reconnect the airbag. Reconnect after 15 - 20 minutes. Might reset the error code. Otherwise, take it to a Holden Dealer.

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
yep once an SRS fault is logged is stays permanant until cleared, its a way of making you go to the dealer to have the fault checked (in theory) as its safety related

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
Ok, i turned on the ignition with the air bag disconnected and now i have the SRS airbag error. Does anyone know if the airbag fault code is stored in the Computer (ECU)? I have a VCM programmer and can reflash the ECU with a firmware prior to the error. Don't want to take it to Holden!

i doubt the vcm scanner will erase the srs fault,

vcm is only really capable of picking up ecm and tcm faults (v6) or the pcm faults (v8)

rebecca22

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
What module in the car stores the SRS error code? Is it the Cluster, the ECU or the BCM? Can anyone answer this for sure?

Toddler78

Reaction score
Members Ride
What module in the car stores the SRS error code? Is it the Cluster, the ECU or the BCM? Can anyone answer this for sure?

BCM stores the code and yes you must go to a holden dealer or another mechanical shop with a tech 2

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
Hey Bec, what state you in?

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
the srs module under the glovebox stores the codes i belive, it just relays info through the can system to the cluster to display faults, in saying that, the instrument cluster can produce its own fault srs fault if the worng srs channel loop is set