Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Alloytec Oxy sensor change - HELP!

Danoz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 06 Exec
Does anyone have any hints how to loosen and remove the FRONT oxy sensors on an Alloytec. I cant seem to get a spanner on it from any angle. I was wondering if anyone knows any tricks to get this done.

dmar

kl
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz
my mechanic said he dropped the exhaust to get in there

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
you need a stubby 22mm spanner or whatever the size is,

you can to the left hand side pretty easily from up top,

but the drivers side is a bit trickier, itll probably be easier to drop the intermediate pipe down, so from the manifold to the cat back sectio as such, you dont have to remove the whole exhaust,

the worst part is to disconnect the wiring on the drivers side you have to lower the transmission down....:nutkick:, so you have to loosen the transmission mount to get access to the wiring.....

but wait, thats on the pre 06 models..... so the wiring unclips from the top of the motor on each side just next to the coils..

Danoz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 06 Exec
Thanks andyman. Yeh the clips are OK on mine, up the top. Its just loosening those sensors that the problem. Ill give it another crack tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

vt s

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s s1
Havent actually seen one but make sure to spray some rust off a few minutes before.
Also if your willing, to make less chance of rounding it (cos then your really screwed) cut a hole in the round end of the spanner just enough so you can put the wires through but get a good grip on the head.

Danoz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 06 Exec
Havent actually seen one but make sure to spray some rust off a few minutes before.
Also if your willing, to make less chance of rounding it (cos then your really screwed) cut a hole in the round end of the spanner just enough so you can put the wires through but get a good grip on the head.

Thanx mate. That could be the go... a slot cut in a 22mm ring spanner. NICE!