Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Replaceing centre console storage compartment on VZ Calais

hingo1983

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
Like an idiot, I snapped the little catch on the lid of centre console storage compartment while cleaning my car. Unfortunately the broken piece fell down a gap in the centre console and is gone forever. I made up a replacement catch but its more of a temporary fix.

Has anyone replaced this centre storage compartment before? Looks like you need to take apart the whole centre console.

The compartment I am talking about is the one where the cup holders are on the Executives. There is a little catch that stops the spring loaded lid from flipping up.

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
Answered on your "Ride" thread, easy to replace.
It is attached to the centre top piece that can be pulled up separately from the rest of the console.
That little compartment is screwed in from the bottom.
Pull up the centre by grabbing the back section in front of the console lid and give it a quick but not to hard yank up wards.
cheers SW

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Answered on your "Ride" thread, easy to replace.
It is attached to the centre top piece that can be pulled up separately from the rest of the console.
That little compartment is screwed in from the bottom.
Pull up the centre by grabbing the back section in front of the console lid and give it a quick but not to hard yank up wards.
cheers SW

There is a small screw under the front edge just offset to the Right Hand side that needs to be removed first and you should pull out the rubber floor of the front compartment just to make removing the top cover easier.

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
There is a small screw under the front edge just offset to the Right Hand side that needs to be removed first and you should pull out the rubber floor of the front compartment just to make removing the top cover easier.

Thanks for that "Calaber" forgot about that little screw up behind the rubber mat.

hingo1983

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
Thanks guys. I'll try and hunt down a replacement and give it a go.

Nitronic_12

Loser of the loser flyby
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Wagon
The exact same thing happened to me. Will readup on this thread for a fix.

trev_11

L67 VY Calais
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais L67
Thanks guys. I'll try and hunt down a replacement and give it a go.

Hey mate can you let me know if you happen to find a replacement and how much mula it set u back.

Ive just bought a L67 VY Calais and im trying to fix up all the minor faults - this happens to be one.

In the mean time ive glued the lid **** with a bit of double sided tape and super glue.

KrisHolden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
Hi guys... just bumping this thread.
My VZ Calais clip has just broken on the spring-loaded compartment back-left of the gear selector and left to the power window switches.
Does anyone know whether the instructions above is true for the removal and repair of the compartment?

Does anybody have any prices from a Holden dealership in Sydney?

thank you!

leethal1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 Adventra LX6, HG monaro
I believe that the compartments are around the 100 - 150 mark new. I have released the the spring from mine so you just push down on the back edge to open the compartment.

KrisHolden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
I believe that the compartments are around the 100 - 150 mark new. I have released the the spring from mine so you just push down on the back edge to open the compartment.

Thank you. I still have my clip so I am thinking of just super-gluing it. I barely use the compartment... and it breaks for the first time in almost a year I end of needing to use it lol
If I decide to buy a new compartment... I need the correct instructions for replacing the compartment on a VZ Calais if anybody can assist?

Cheers!