Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SV6 auto to manual conversion.

-**wHiStLe**-

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais 3.8L
Hey guys, looking into SV6's at the moment and need one asap. Problem is i'm dying for a 6 speed but there's none that are right for me. I think i've only seen one under 20g's.

So my question is, is it worth buying an auto now and converting it later on.
If so, what's required if possible and how hard would it be to go about it?

If anyone has done it or heard of it being done please let me know.

Thanks, Ryan.

Last edited:

the_trademarc

The Cult Of Personality
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Members Ride
E-Series 1 Clubsport R8
Orrrrr if anyone wants to sell me their manual sv6? :D

LOL!
The SV6 Manual's are a bitch to find. Took me 6 months to find mine in 2007, and even then I was really really lucky, the 3rd one I saw was in mint nick, 18 months old, and beautiful.
Listed at 27, snapped it for 23.

If you're looking for 20 as your max, you're gonna be in for a long long wait. Try autotrader.com.au, which is essentially the Trading Post, and obviously the main 3.

If you're willing to venture over 20, we can talk business, but if not, all I can say is good luck and I hope you find one!! :yahoo:

-scyth-

Im alright its the others
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VZ Wagon 05
hey mate, checkout "andyman's" profile as he's converted his stock auto wagon to a 6 speed manual. Personally i think don't buy an auto now then chuck a 6-speeder in as it would set u back about 4-5 K or more. Seriously not worth it unless you do it yourself. Just do your best & save a bit more for a manual. good luck

-**wHiStLe**-

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais 3.8L
It's the fact i'm in desperate need for a new car.. mine's not worth fixing anymore so gotta get one soon.

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
Orrrrr if anyone wants to sell me their manual sv6? :D

Arrrrrr, No! There's no way im selling my SV6

LOL!
The SV6 Manual's are a bitch to find. Took me 6 months to find mine in 2007, and even then I was really really lucky, the 3rd one I saw was in mint nick, 18 months old, and beautiful.
Listed at 27, snapped it for 23.

If you're looking for 20 as your max, you're gonna be in for a long long wait. Try autotrader.com.au, which is essentially the Trading Post, and obviously the main 3.

If you're willing to venture over 20, we can talk business, but if not, all I can say is good luck and I hope you find one!! :yahoo:

Yeah took me 3 months to find mine. Was listed at 26500, got it for 23250. Worth the wait though:smoking:

Chickenboi999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais Sportswagon S2
mate i pown a 04 sv6 & am toyin with the idea, i want a manual so bad but my price range was unable to handle a manual at the time, if u get any idea on prices let me kno plz

-**wHiStLe**-

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais 3.8L
I hate the fact that from factory, manuals are cheaper but because nobody buys them they become rare second hand and thus makes them more expensive.

The market for new car buyers and used car buyers must be dramatically different considering so many people are looking for a manual sv6 second hand but so little get bought new.

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black
your better off buying an sv6 with a manual box from factory.

the only reason andyman converted his was they didn't make a factory manual wagon otherwise he prob would have bought it

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
Just spend abit more time looking ur bound to find one that is a manual.