Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ESP Failure- VZ Calais

4XRD-VZ Calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
EK Civic/AE111 Levin
Guys,

I keep getting the 'ESP Failure' when ever I am driving on the roads. This is starting to annoy me now!!
The driving style is normal, not in anyway enthusiastic!! (max. speed 50km/h). Whenever this warning comes up and alarms start beeping.. I pull over and turn the ignition off and the problem goes away. However, once started up and running at cruising speeds.. there goes the ESP Failure!!

Is it a problem with the ABS sensors.?? What could be the damage? Will I need to get new parts??

Thanks In Advance!

holdenvtman1123

Improvise Adapt Overcome
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com.au
Members Ride
VZ Adventra LX6 2006 3.6L
could be an abs failure. try getting someone to use tech-2 to see what the problem might be

crazy2009

Reaction score
Members Ride
Calais 2005 VZ V6
Its a simple fiz my drive is a VZ Calais same issue recently Buy a new battery as the battery gets old it will upset sensors for a strange reason

4XRD-VZ Calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
EK Civic/AE111 Levin
Its a simple fiz my drive is a VZ Calais same issue recently Buy a new battery as the battery gets old it will upset sensors for a strange reason

ohh righto .. thanks mate.. I get into it!! :beer chug:

calay

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais
could be worth replacing the fuse for the rear brake lights. i towed a trailer a little while ago and when i first started it up and put my foot on the brake, the fuse went and the ESP failed with it... replaced the fuse and it was all sweet

vzaccaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 vz acclaim
i had this same issue after i hopped a gutter?
bent the lower adjustable control arm and then screwed with all the sensors.

crashman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ ADVENTRA LX6
Hi Buddy,

You have just saved me a heap of grief, hired a trailer today that had a faulty lead for the lights, didn't realise it at the time it blew my tail lights fuse. The first thing I new was ESP Failure Warning and Hot Brakes Warning display flashing on the dash. Wife had the car booked in for a full diagnostics with our mechanic, fearing another $1000 repair bill from Holden to replace one of the four on board computers on our Adventra.... I decided to ask Google your post came up... WOW buddy who would of thought a blown 15 amp fuse for the tail lights would have created such a problem for the ABS/ESP function it had totally disengaged it and the steering became heavy and could I hear the ABS module trying to engage. Thanks heaps for your very handy post.....

crashman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ ADVENTRA LX6
Hi Buddy,

You have just saved me a heap of grief, hired a trailer today that had a faulty lead for the lights, didn't realise it at the time it blew my tail lights fuse. The first thing I new was ESP Failure Warning and Hot Brakes Warning display flashing on the dash. Wife had the car booked in for a full diagnostics with our mechanic, fearing another $1000 repair bill from Holden to replace one of the four on board computers on our Adventra.... I decided to ask Google your post came up... WOW buddy who would of thought a blown 15 amp fuse for the tail lights would have created such a problem for the ABS/ESP function it had totally disengaged it and the steering became heavy and could I hear the ABS module trying to engage. Thanks heaps for your very handy post.....