Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ mobile phone car kit

bern5

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS UTE /M6
what is the carkit or phone i need to get to work with the VZ radio?

u can just plug it in, ??

does any one know ? or can shed some light if they have already done it...what i need to get /do..

thx in advance.

M

mor11J

I am not sure what you mean. I have a Nokia CK-1W Bluetooth kit installed, and they are all basically the same. If the car kit has an audio mute wire and a mono out (for speaker) you should be able to mute the stereo and output the audio through the car speakers.

When you open the glovebox, you can access the harness for the mobile connectors through the right hand side there. Check your blaunpunkt manual for more information and wiring diagrams.

I noticed in another thread you mentioned WinMX for the VZ workshop manual - can you shed any more light on that one?

B

bdcmedia

I have a Motorola V620 cark kit that fully works with the head unit in my SS. You just need to make sure the car kit has a trigger wire that will trigger the input mode to the radio. The only thing I had to modify on mine was to cut the speaker from the wire and hook that wire to the audio input of the radio.

squire_j

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
Turismo Blue 2005 VZ Storm Panelvan
I got a bluetooth handsfree factory installed.

Its got a sweet little button next to the power windows button that runs everything. The mic is in the usual spot and it mutes the radio and the sound comes out the radio.

I'm pretty sure the dealer installed it, so you could probably just talk to the dealer about getting one.

About a $450 price tag. But I think its worth it and I'm loving it!

M

mor11J

squire_j said:
But I think its worth it and I'm loving it!

They really are nifty devices. Pushing the button answers the call and hangs up, and holding the button activates voice tags.

Volume can be adjusted via the stereo or the little swivel dial on the Nokia button.

The only draw back is there is no charger or external aerial, although with the new Nokia CK-7W ones you can use a cradle as well as bluetooth.

I went the Ebay route for $120 and self installed it :). I am going to look at some stage at a replacement button for next to the power windows, atm mine is under the set/mode button dial.

johnC

Reaction score
Members Ride
(Did have..) VSII Exec V6 A4
(sorry if this is slightly off topic)
mor11J:
What brand of Mobile phone do you have? I have a Sony Ericsson K750i and I've been wondering if it will work with the Nokia CK-1W.

M

mor11J

johnC said:
(sorry if this is slightly off topic)
mor11J:
What brand of Mobile phone do you have? I have a Sony Ericsson K750i and I've been wondering if it will work with the Nokia CK-1W.

Nokia 6230, Nokia 6230i and Ericsson S700i which all work fine with the Nokia Car Kit

S

sprigo

VY / VZ Commodore Mobile Phone Connector

The following information may be useful to anyone wanting to install their car kit in a VY.

The 6 way connector socket can be located under the passenger side of the centre console. The plug to fit this socket can be sourced from your local Holden Dealer for under $5 all up. Part numbers as follows:

92143075 - Connector-Phone
(This is the plastic plug assembly; you will need 1 of these)

92141210 - Terminal-Phone
(These are the actual metal solder/crimp pins; you will need 6 of these for a full installation... funny that Holden seem to pack them in lots of 5? )

The 6 wires are as follows...

Orange - 12V Supply (Battery via fuse... always on)
Black/Green - 0V (Chassis, earth, ground... you know the drill)
Yellow - 12V Accessory Supply
Yellow w/stripe - Radio Mute signal. Active Low.
Blue w/stripe - Audio-
Blue - Audio +

U

useless

The nokia bluetooth car kit does not work well with all phones.Holden do have a factory bluetooth kit available but it is not cheap.

efryer

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6 3.6 Auto
VY/VZ Bluetooth Install (Step by Step)

sprigo said:
VY / VZ Commodore Mobile Phone Connector
Part numbers as follows:
92143075 - Connector-Phone
92141210 - Terminal-Phone

Thanks for listing those part numbers :thumbsup: , asking for the part numbers was easy, finding a dealer within a 50Km radius in Sydney was a problem (one dealer had 1 connector and 18 pins) :bang: , which I promptly told him to put aside.

In the VY forums, which doesn't immediately popup if you are searching for Phone Kit installation, as the thread talks about Mp3 player connection to start off, is this little gem, which basically shows carkit installation, step by step, with clear pictures.

http://members.cox.net/05gto/html/body_how-to-guides.htm

You just have to wrap your head around the fact that everything is reversed (as it is the Pontiac GTO), but the instructions gave me the confidence that I wasn't going to break the console, and made the job only 30 min.

At $50 for the Nokia CK-7W Advanced Car Kit, $12 for the Connector and pins, it makes it worthwhile over the holden fitted one.

The Car kit is the same as the one DSE has for $199, but have a look round EBAY, and you will spot some cheap. There are quite a few on there, as many Nokia deals included the carkit when people bought phones, and many never got them fitted as they had to get an installer out, so many are popping them up on Ebay to make a quick buck.

The Carkit while a Nokia, the Bluetooth works with a reasonable range of phones which includes some Sony and Motorola. I have the Motorola A1000 and that works fine. If you are just using Bluetooth, you don't need the cradle or GSM antenna coupler, you just toss these.

Anyhow, works perfect :D , with sound through the radio, Car Audio Mute working, and no wires cut (including the Audio wires). Everything can unplug and return the car back to stock if needed.

Next project is to try fitting the Holden Phone switch, but I am in no hurry.

Regards

Bob