Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Reset Service reminder?

VzVzVz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S ute
Hi, I'm about to service my ute as per the service checklist and I need to know how to reset the 135,000km service reminder that pops up everytime I start the car. Is there a sequence to push the buttons in or is it something trickier?

Thanks,
Tom.

coug

gotta love the v8
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 vx ss
same but mines the 12000km service.....anyone know how to reset??????

fraudie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
i had a service engine oil reminder, to get rid of that i held down the arrow keys while turning the ignition, it popped up about resetting service reminders and i pressed set. I think thats how it was..

VzVzVz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S ute
I tried Fraudie's way, but after doing all that, it says 'awaiting confirmation'. how do I confirm it? I've tried all the buttons but nothing at all will conirm it. I'm thinking it could be related to computer software I need to communicate with the vehicle ECU.

Please, does anyone know of the software and how I can get it?

Thanks
Tom.

wikky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
Hold the arrow buttons, turn on the ignition, a service reset window appears, then press and hold the set button (not mode) until clear. Recycle the ignition and the service reminder is cleared. I used this not long ago. If all else fails, it tells you how to do it in your car's manual.

doms1

Reaction score
Members Ride
BANNED
Hold the arrow buttons, turn on the ignition, a service reset window appears, then press and hold the set button (not mode) until clear. Recycle the ignition and the service reminder is cleared. I used this not long ago. If all else fails, it tells you how to do it in your car's manual.

This works aok

neilsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6 04
sweet thanks my car has had the service reminder since 100k now its all gone :)