Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

cigarette lighter/ power acc not working

surfdog

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VZ stationwagon
Hi folks,

I need some of your wisdom. My 2007 VZ station wagonhas the cigarette lighter socket in the middle consul under the lid in the middle between the front seats. It has stopped working. It's not the fuse.

So, any ideas from the guru's in this forum??? If not how do I remove the lighter without breaking everything and put a new one in. Or do I need to get it checked first???

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers

Surfdog

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
I suggest that you re-check the fuse and perhaps even replace the exisiting one with a new one. It is, in my opinion, unlikely that anything has happened to the wiring - unless someone has been playing around with it. To actually replace the plug requires complete removal of the centre console. It is a tricky job and one that you shouldn't rush as damage could result to plastic fittings. Before trying to remove cosole make 100% sure that the wiring or plug are faulty - save yourself a LOT of work and time.
Check the link on this site for detailed instructions. http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/holden-commodore-how-s/60145-how-remove-dash-center-console-vy-vz.html

VesperZ

2005 Holden VZ Berlina
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
Stupid question but is it hooked up? Basically if you remove the center console trim as previously described and just make sure all the plugs are connected. To be honest it's not that hard to remove your center console trim. It's basically 1 screw then you just have to carefully pry the trim up as there are 6 clips which holds it in place. Start from the back and slowly pry it up working your way to the front. Once you have it loosened, you'll need to remove the power window switch plug from the bottom, then the whole thing should just come out. You don't really need to remove any other trim. I'm pretty certain the cig light plug is near the power window plug.

delidean

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8
Hey Surfdog, My SV8 has the same problem have you sorted it out and if so what was it? My fuse is intact as well as wires any other ideas?
Cheers!!!

PRAVX II S

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
Check if there is power going to the lighter with a test light or multi meter.
And make sure the ACC is on. Try to check the power at the plug of the lighter.
If there is power at the plug then the lighter need inspecting. If there is no power
the problem lies further back in the circuit. Ow and check for power at the fuse (both sides should light up)

timmo666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-V, V8, 6 Speed Manual
hey guys,

i just picked myself up an '07 VZ Ute, i had the same problem.
cigarette lighter plug in the console had no power,

checked the fuse for cigarette lighter which was all ok.

i then referred to the owners manual and found there is another fuse which controls all accessories, seems weird i know but if you check the other 20 amp fuses i found the "accessory" fuse was broken. replaced it and now cigarette 12v all working sweet.

old thread, but i didnt see a solution,

hope it helps someone out.

2005vzute

Djabringyagrogalong
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2005 VZ Ute M6
i blew that accessories fuse about 5 times in 7 minutes when i was re0routing the accesories socket in my ute...im confuzzled as to the years that vz were made...07 vz?..ve came out in 06?...can someone explain why the vz's ran for 4 years?

Phyco

Alloytec and Proud
Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VZ Acclaim Sedan
07 vz?..ve came out in 06?...can someone explain why the vz's ran for 4 years?

Direct from Wikipedia -

"The VZ Commodore sedans were superseded by the VE Commodore range in August 2006, whilst the Wagon & Ute ranges lived on for almost another year. Ute production ended in August 2007, whilst the last wagon rolled off Holden's Elizabeth plant line on September 6, 2007"

2005vzute

Djabringyagrogalong
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2005 VZ Ute M6
ahhh makes sense why there were no ve utes in 06 and 07 haha..i was lookin through the VE service manual and noticed the manuals for the ute started at 08:p..cheers mate