Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vz alloytec limp mode

ber-vz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Executive Wagon
i have a vz executive, turned it on today and got the safety mode thing. tried disconnecting the battery for a bit but it still comes on. i noticed afterwards that when i put it into acc., theres a semi-loud noise coming from my maf. like a ringing type noise. anyone know what might be going on? thanks

come to think of it i dont think its my maf. its coming from the part thats right at the end of the intake manifold. what ever that is >.>

Last edited:

ber-vz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Executive Wagon
well i took it for a drive to see how it goes. seems i dont have a first gear, but it shifts instantly into every other as soon as i manually select it. if i try to take off in drive i barely go anywhere. but if i put it into 1st, its automatically in 2nd. and the gear changes are really chunky also, like i have a shift kit. anyone have any ideas?

ber-vz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Executive Wagon
still no replies :(. took it to a mechanic to get a diagnostic on it and it wasnt showing any faults. have it booked in at holden tomorrow. they said by the sounds of it, that it might be the 1st 4th(think thats what they said) solenoid. anyone know how much it should cost to replace that? and holden will propably charge a boat load, anyone know any good transmission people around logan?

Phyco

Alloytec and Proud
Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VZ Acclaim Sedan
still no replies :(. took it to a mechanic to get a diagnostic on it and it wasnt showing any faults. have it booked in at holden tomorrow. they said by the sounds of it, that it might be the 1st 4th(think thats what they said) solenoid. anyone know how much it should cost to replace that? and holden will propably charge a boat load, anyone know any good transmission people around logan?

They go for $70-$90 on eBay from memory, however I wouldn't have a clue on fitting them.