Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vz sv6 adventra off road tyres

gilign

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Adventra Jacked up 2 inch plus on 225/60/17
is there any one out there with some real tyres to help the adventra get grip. i know its not a full 4x4 but its lacking on traction with road tyres. i have fitted 16 inch rims and trying to get more tread less mag, with decent tread while staying around the same size ( ok for a littl bigger)
so far i think 235/60/16 will fit(havnt fitted yet, but sized them up and look ok. cheers

Tim_in_NZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 SX6 Adventra
Go for the Coopers version. I have an 06 Adventra and retained the original rims, yet am about to go down the same road as you (pardon the pun). I have been to my tyre people and they assure me that a set of coopers A/T s will fit the car after a lift has been done. I am going for the maximum King Spring 35-40mm lift that is available for these models and then fit a new set of boots after.

gregiem

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6
I had a 4x4 before I got my sv6. I bought B.F.G AT and got over 80000km out of them 50000 on road 30000 off road in all sorts of terrain and never got a flat tyre. You pay for what you get.

gilign

Reaction score
Members Ride
cheers mate the tyres look bloody good for traction. what size rim and tyre did you have and did you put raised springs under it. cheers

gilign

Reaction score
Members Ride
what size rim and coopers did you have,

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Make sure that if you replace tyres that new ones equal all aspects of rating - speed, weight etc otherwise you will be illegal.
Any (ANY) modification(s), unless approved to ADR standards, that change/alter/modify any aspect of your vehicle from the ADR standards/requirements that existed at the time of manufacture of your vehicle are ILLEGAL.

gilign

Reaction score
Members Ride
Make sure that if you replace tyres that new ones equal all aspects of rating - speed, weight etc otherwise you will be illegal.
Any (ANY) modification(s), unless approved to ADR standards, that change/alter/modify any aspect of your vehicle from the ADR standards/requirements that existed at the time of manufacture of your vehicle are ILLEGAL.

thats the same with every car, what holden did was advertised that heavy duty tyre rim package was a option(havnt been able to find out what they were)
i assume a 16inch rim with tyres to make up the difference in diamiter that have more grip like a/t tyres. cheers

gilign

Reaction score
Members Ride
All Adventra models have a 200mm ground clearance, and for those who spend lots of time outside of the major Australian capitals with their fancy 'bitumen' roads, extras such as more rugged 16-inch all terrain tyre/wheel combinations and full underbody protection plates can be optioned.
more info i found from Holden VZ Adventra : News & Reports : Motoring : Web Wombat
just dont know what i can fit

Tim_in_NZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 SX6 Adventra
what size rim and coopers did you have,

I am going to retain the original Adventra rims and Coopers make a CS4 to fit this i believe. I am going to muck around and try and get something with a little more off road capability to fit these rims. I was considering putting Steel 16" rims on and then cooper ST's with a larger tyre wall on after the lifting, but to be honest I am still researching at this stage. I had Perelli's scorpions on a previous vehicle, great tyres for road use, yet alittle too soft for off road use..
I am converted to Coopers now, and will do what ever it takes to fit them. There is no way I will be going down the Bridgestone Turanza road ever again.

LX8Adventra!

Reaction score
Members Ride
Adelaide
im interested in doing the same thing to my adventra. have you had any luck?