Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ climate control issues!

MattMarkey

Matty
Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ CALAIS
hey guys,
my stupid climate control has a mind of its own.
when its set on a/c on ur feet and face, when u accelerate it changes to demist. then when you stop accelerating it goes back to normal..
i remember someone else on the forum had this issue,
can anyone help me???????????????

Trent L

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ Calais 190Kw
Addendum ...

If that is your issue - there are two actuators.

Do yourself a big favour & replace both. For the extra $65 it's worth it not to have to rip the dash out for a second time ..... we live & learn.

bcw61

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 2005 Executive Wagon
Definitely a vacuum leak. Had the exact same issue on my VZ, as has several other folk on this forum. Although mine is not climate control, the vacuum schematics are virtually identical, apart from the vacuum solenoid pack.

My vacuum leak was caused by both a leaking foot vacuum actuator, and a leaking vacuum mode switch. A new foot vacuum actuator cost around $65 (now that Holden has finally sourced a supply of new ones), but the vacuum mode switch cost around $130, as they only come as the complete controller & fascia. :(

Ansem1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy cross8
hey guys,
my stupid climate control has a mind of its own.
when its set on a/c on ur feet and face, when u accelerate it changes to demist. then when you stop accelerating it goes back to normal..
i remember someone else on the forum had this issue,
can anyone help me???????????????

Fixed mine by simply reversing the vacuum tubing on bottom solenoid Pink/Orange (Pink to side, Orange to end) No dollars spent.