Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tuning a vz!! (not sv6)

slaughtknight

Now with chrome bits ;)
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
SVZ Sedan
Hey

Ive been looking into getting my vz tuned lately, Ive been told that vz's don't gain much (around 10hp) is that true?

is it worth tuning? is $960 a good price?

(i have full exhaust with high flow, cai and manifold insulater)

thanks

paulstokes

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz
VZ Dyno tuned should get an extra 20 to 30 rwkw providing you get someone that knows what they're doing. I've had two Dyno's done the first one was crap from KPM in Adelaide then I had someone with lots of experience now it has more rwkw with the same mods. $900 is about right

VzVzVz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S ute
I'm also looking to tune once I've got my new diff, extractors, and throttle body. I want to go all out and get rid of the maf too.

It's just the 175, but I'm hoping I can push about 200 by the end. When I'm off these damn P plates, it's a Raptor prostreet kit all the way.

tanner892

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE SSV M6
yeh i might get around to changing my diff too one day lol extractors do give the 175 a nice little kick when you open it up.

your best bet to make it somewhat significantly / noticeably quicker would be to shorten your diff ratio, eg : SS 3.46:1 Im not sure what is in an SVZ but itd be pretty tall probly similiar to the SV6.
regarding tuning, its hard to say on a stock engine, my guess is its not worh $960, not to say thats a rip off for tunes I think that is about right, but for the gains you will get its probly not worth it, i would be very surprised if anyone got a 20-30rwkw increase on a stock motor with just a "tune"

Owned

VZ SV6
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
your best bet to make it somewhat significantly / noticeably quicker would be to shorten your diff ratio, eg : SS 3.46:1 Im not sure what is in an SVZ but itd be pretty tall probly similiar to the SV6.
regarding tuning, its hard to say on a stock engine, my guess is its not worh $960, not to say thats a rip off for tunes I think that is about right, but for the gains you will get its probly not worth it, i would be very surprised if anyone got a 20-30rwkw increase on a stock motor with just a "tune"

My VZ SV6 Before and after dyno tune.

dynoaspx.jpg

Red = Before
Green = After

Dz811

Just some p-plater
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6
Mine was about the same, +20ish rwhp :) you won't get much more without some heavy mods

Dz811

Just some p-plater
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6
well, heavy is probably not the right words, but i had a catback exhaust, Custom CAI, manifold insulators :) so it's a little modded haha