Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ SV6 Air Intake Pipe

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
Hey guys, just thought id share a note about the air intake pipe on the 190kw engines (with the tubes running on it) spoke to one of the performance guys there, cant remember who, but i asked about the tubes running off the 190kw engine and if they are sound resonators, and he said that the tubes are NOT for reducing intake noise, but are there as air chambers so the engine can have sufficient air when needed, as in WOT.

Any thoughts please post

Owned

VZ SV6
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
I too am also very interested to find out the purpose of these so called "air chambers", and whether it is or isn't a performance restriction.
As it is to my understanding, SS inductions claim their performance intake pipe for the alloytec benefits in performance by deleting these "chambers", allowing the air to flow without getting interrupted by the chambers..

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
I too am also very interested to find out the purpose of these so called "air chambers", and whether it is or isn't a performance restriction.
As it is to my understanding, SS inductions claim their performance intake pipe for the alloytec benefits in performance by deleting these "chambers", allowing the air to flow without getting interrupted by the chambers..

yea, im confused with it all as well. does anyone know if the larger intake pipe from ss inductions will fit on the sv6? i know its made for the v8. or easier Q, would a v8 intake pipe fit on a sv6?

impulsesv6

Alloytec Garage
Reaction score
Members Ride
A quick Alloytec
i dont believe the chambers are for anything but noise cancelling, just like j pipes on exhausts reducing drone...

besides cant see how it would help with flow as its a dead end tube anyway...

keeny

keeny
Reaction score
Members Ride
BAGGED 04 VY SS S2 HBD MANUAL UTE
so block it off and get a better induction sound? lol

impulsesv6

Alloytec Garage
Reaction score
Members Ride
A quick Alloytec
my understanding is the povopack alloytecs have intake pipes without the resonance tubes

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
my understanding is the povopack alloytecs have intake pipes without the resonance tubes

correct mate, i find it hard to understand why they wernt on the 190 alloys, as production would have been cheaper. mate are you coming on this cruise as well?

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
Those tubes are there to hold air, so when u give it the boot the air can be quickly sucked into the throttle body.

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
Those tubes are there to hold air, so when u give it the boot the air can be quickly sucked into the throttle body.

yea thats pretty much what the guy said at the v8's yesterday

calay

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais
so then you should see gains from changing to a larger pipe with better-flowing filter?