Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

can the tension be adjusted on the accelerator pedal?

Berlinarator

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS-Z
Hey guys,

I've just bought a 2005 VZ SS-Z, and found the accelerator pedal a bit too hard. Is there a way the tension can be softened? All the VY's I've driven have a perfect setting, and I know the VZ uses an electronic throttle, but I'd prefer it to be more like the VY. Can it be done, if so, how?

Thanks.

Darcon666

Evil is always around you
Reaction score
Website
www.gfy.com
Members Ride
Your Mother
Short answer... No.

There is no actual cable connecting the pedal and the throttle/butterfly on the manifold, so unless there is an adjustment on the pedal itself that I am not aware of your a little stuck with it I think.

DISCLAIMER: (I have been know to be worng, so seek a professional opinion...)

azazeldeath

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Holden Commodore Wagon w/3.8L Buick
I think you can, if you go and buy an accelerator pedal assembly from the wreckers, open it up. You should find a coil like spring, just replace that with one that has less resistance.
The procedure to do it is rather difficult. And honestly, dangerous, it is stiff for a reason. Loosening it up will increase the chances of the pedal getting stuck, especially during a full depression. But that is the way to adjust it so to speak.
The reason for buying a second assembly is because it isn't easy to do, and the last thing you want to do is break your only one.