Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Everyone with a v6 manual and aftermarket clutch please put your 2 cents worth in:)

2005vzute

Djabringyagrogalong
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2005 VZ Ute M6
g'day all,

i was on the phone getting prices on a heavy duty xtreme clutch and solid flywheel conversion kit...the lady rung up some mob in SA to get a definate price on the whole lot, she called me back telling me it was 1550 bux for what i want, but xtreme clutches has told her that when you throw the kit in your car the solid flywheel amplifies a gearbox sound...she couldn't tell me much about it though

so everyone with a v6 and aftermarket clutch could someone please explain this noise to me, if its annoying, how loud it is etc..or even if there is a noise at all..i was told there is no mechanical problem within the box at all, its just being amplified through the solid flywheel.

Cheers everyone:)

Kieran263

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais Wagon 6.0 A6
My trans was fairly worn in the first place, so it made it really loud, like a really loud chatter under load at low revs, but fine when its just cruising.
But with mine they had put something in the wrong way when they did it first (apprentice mistake) so that might account for the extreme noise. Long
story short with the stronger gripping from standstill my gearbox shat out in 10,000 kays, it and the clutch are getting replaced as we speak. But yours
might be different seeing as its a 6 speed, and is probably fresher than my trans was. Hope you have better luck with yours than I did with mine.

2005vzute

Djabringyagrogalong
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
2005 VZ Ute M6
oh #### don't tell me that hahahahaha....my cars only done abit under 80 thousand kays...hey, lemme know how it goes with the new tranny and clutch yea? cheers man

Kieran263

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais Wagon 6.0 A6
well my car was a P plate city car before I got it so its probably not the best example, 80,000 kays it should be fine.
I should have my car back by the end of either this week or next week (its been 2 months without my baby :() I'm sick
of using trams sober, they lose their charm :D

impulsive

Alloytec Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Alloytec
good news for you, the sound they are talking about is more commonly known as 'chatter' which it sounds exactly as it is mean, like your teeth chattering, not quite as loud though. i have an xtreme kit, had one for a few years now, no problems, good for everything, will last too. The sound is more then barable, i like the sound in fact, gives a bit of toughness to it :) Goodluck!

2005vzute

Djabringyagrogalong
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
2005 VZ Ute M6
i wish i was in QLD..im in sydney haha...come for a cruise down for a 5 minute listen and cruise back up to brissy yea? hahahahahaha..yea i realllyyy need a clutch soon..its slippin heaps bad now haha...how much more grab does yours have....if i went to go flat chat in first and change to second my clutch would just slip like theres no tomorrow...whats it like on yours impulsive? would it grab as it should or would it be on the edge of slipping?

2005vzute

Djabringyagrogalong
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
2005 VZ Ute M6
hahah do you need more revs, or you just let the clutch out differently?