Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Rims on a VZ

Whitesack07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S
Hey guys, what needs to be done to fit a VE rim onto a VZ? i know you gotta do something but not sure what it is.

cheers

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
The centre hub of the rim needs to be machined out to fit.

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Clubsport, Rodeo 2.8 TD 4x4
Apparently the studs are thicker on the VE aswell, so you either need wheel nuts with a larger taper/surface area to get a good hold on the rims. or some sort of sleeve to suit..?

Lost of people just run standard nuts, and get away with it, but if ever I run VE rims on anything pre VE, I'd be looking into that also.

Whitesack07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S
Thanks for the help guys, so if i get VE rims for my ute i would need to get them machined out to fit an get nuts with a bigger taper/surface area? so would nuts off the ve rims be ok?

Whitesack07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S
ok thanks lol, i dont know much about the rims an stuff with them lol, i just want some ssv rims but had no idea what needed to be done, i knew i had to get something done lol

Whitesack07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S
yeah i will post Pics on my thread if i go down that path, im pretty sure i will, i dont like my 19's an i dont wanna go bigger, i love the vy sigs but they cost so much, so ssv's it is :)

Whitesack07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S
Nar i dont have a air gun to do up the nuts, i dont like using them, an they look nice i think they are one of the best rims that holden have made