Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vz v6 rear muffler removal

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 MY11 Holden VE SSV Ute
hey all sorry to post up another exhaust thread but i couldnt find any that answer my question so here it is, how would it sound/go if i removed the rear muffler and ran pipe for time being in my exhaust until i can afford to get a proper one??

impulsive

Alloytec Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Alloytec
If you want the honest truth, save the $$ on the exhaust and spend it on something less noisy and annoying, the amount of $$ on fuel and panadol you will save will be impressive. I has a 2.5 full zorst on for a few years, recently too kit off for a $5 standard system and havent been happier. If you were in brisbane, id bolt on my old system to show you why its not worth it.

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
haha thanks but i like noise, you should have heard my old ute, 3.2L rodeo with the muffler taken out haha

impulsive

Alloytec Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Alloytec
Dont get me wrong, so did i when i first got my car. As i learnt, however, the car is much better with the standard exhaust. If you want to change anything, Hi-Flow Pacemakers aND 2.5" pipe to the Cat Back Section. Standard from there on. Max Power, no noise

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
maybe you can bolt ur system onto my car and leave it there dave??

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
haha maybe when i get the money impulsive, and is everything under the car bolt on or is it all welded together?

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
his system is a twin 2.5 that merges into a single 2.5 before a lukey muffler that goes to a hotdog resonator with VE twin tips. the cat back system is a full peice that bolts onto the cat flanges and bolts onto the standard manifolds and cats.

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
hey ive got an idea, if you want to buy impulsives exhaust, we could grab your standard exhaust... lol